Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Read for Real will help your students transfer reading strategies across all subjects and contexts! Featuring direct and explicit strategy instruction for reading informational texts, this instructional model teaches comprehension, vocabulary, and fluency through exciting content-area reading.
Students will learn to:
- Use comprehension strategies for before, during, and after reading.
- Take ownership of new vocabulary by applying strategies that unlock new word meanings
- Develop fluency and expression through oral reading practice of a variety of texts.
- Gain independence in accessing information from nonfiction texts through a scaffolded instructional plan.
- Improve test scores by applying the strategies and skills to assessments and standardized tests.
This grade 4 text includes 6 units, each with three non-fiction texts centered on the unit theme: Creatures of the Dark, Getting a Jump Start, Shake Rattle & Roll, Space Careers, Riding the Rails, and Tights Paints and Chisels. With the first text, students learn strategies the unit focuses upon, with the second they practice the strategies, and with the third they apply the strategies. Throughout, they'll learn to organize information, write for comprehension, and work on vocabulary and fluency. "Reading the Real World" sections provide students with examples of reading they might encounter in real life, and are followed by discussion questions.
226 pages, indexed, softcover. Non-reproducible, non-consumable textbook. This "Level D" curriculum is designed for grade 4, and is the second book in the "Read for Real" series.
Please note that this item is only available for purchase by Homeschools located in the USA and Canada.
Publication Date: 2011
Dimensions: 8.90 X 10.40 X 0.40 (inches)
Series: Zaner-Bloser Read for Real
Spectrum Reading for Main Ideas and Details in Informational Text, Grade 4Carson-Dellosa Publishing LLC / 2016 / Trade Paperback$3.99 Retail:
$4.99Save 20% ($1.00)