- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Zondervan/Youth Specialties
Publication Date: 2011
Series: Youth Worker's Commentary
When a youth pastor is preparing a lesson, its sometimes challenging to find a curriculum that really offers depth into the Scripture passages and goes beyond a cursory look at the text. A Youth Workers Commentary on John is the first in a new series of commentaries developed with youth workers in mind. An in-depth, yet readable approach to the gospel of John, this first volume includes commentary, word studies, personal and historical stories, and discussion questions that will help get students thinking and talking. The gospel of John is the most personal and revealing of all the portraits of Jesus in the New Testament. This commentary has the entire NIV biblical text printed alongside a rich, deep look into the meaning of this gospel. Youth workers will find this to be an invaluable aid for message and lesson preparation. Theyll get a solid understanding of the gospel of John, including its historical context, rationale, and meaning, to see how to apply what they uncover to the needs and issues the teens in their group are dealing with.
Les Christie (DMin, Trinity International University) is a national speaker and youth ministry veteran. He chairs the youth ministry department at William Jessup University, in Rocklin, California where he has taught the Gospel of John for the last 15 years, and is also an adjunct professor at Western Seminary. Les is the author of more than a dozen books, including Awaken Your Creativity and When Church Kids Go Bad.
David Nystrom (PhD, University of California at Davis) is Professor in Residence at Western Seminary, Sacramento Campus. He is a specialist in Roman social history and in the New Testament. Dave is the author of dozens of articles and two books, The NIV Application Commentary: James, and The History of Christianity.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries >> New Testament >> John
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Youth Leader Resources >> Teaching Resources
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Commentaries >> New Testament >> John
- Church & Supplies >> Youth Ministry >> Youth Leader Resources >> Teaching Resources
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Commentaries >> New Testament >> John
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry