Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Part of the Core Knowledge Series, this read-aloud book will introduce them to the basic knowledge and skills that are necessary for making the most out of their kindergarten experience. Developed by a team of experts to carefully sequence knowledge, this book can become the first installment in a comprehensive educational scope & sequence in your child's life. Approximately 209 pages, softcover.
Number of Pages: 224
Publication Date: 2008
|Dimensions: 9.25 X 7.38 (inches)|
Positive Discipline for Preschoolers: For Their Early Years-Raising Children Who are Responsible, Respectful, and ResourcefulJane NelsenRandom House / 2007 / Trade Paperback$11.49 Retail:3 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$16.99Save 32% ($5.50)
101 Great Games for Infants, Toddlers, & PreschoolersJolene L. RoehlkepartainAbingdon Press / 2004 / Trade Paperback$13.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$18.99Save 29% ($5.50)
What Your Preschooler Needs to Know
Designed for parents to enjoy with children, filled with opportunities for reading aloud and fostering curiosity, this beautifully illustrated anthology offers preschoolers the fundamentals they need to prepare for a happy, productive time in schooland for the rest of their lives. Hundreds of thousands of children have benefited from the acclaimed Core Knowledge Series, developed in consultation with parents, educators, and the most distinguished developmental psychologists. In addition to valuable advice for parents, such as what it means for a child to be ready for kindergarten, special sidebars throughout the book help parents make reading aloud fun and interactive, suggesting questions to ask, connections to make, and games to play to enrich their preschoolers learning experience. Inside you will discover
• Favorite poems and rhymesall beautifully illustrated, to be read and recited together, from Robert Louis Stevensons "At the Seaside" to limericks by Edward Lear and tongue twisters by Jack Prelutsky, plus fun "clap along!" and "fingerplay" verses that parents and children can act out together
• Beloved stories and fablesstories such as "The Three Little Pigs" and the African folktale "Why Flies Buzz" will open whole new worlds of learning and discovery
• Visual artsbeautiful full-color reproductions of classic works that foster early appreciation of art history while igniting discussions about shapes, colors, and different styles and media
• Musicdozens of songs to sing and dance to, including such "move around" songs as "Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes" and "The Wheels on the Bus"
• Historya delightful introduction to American history, from the first Thanksgiving to Martin Luther King, Jr., with activities and stories parents and children can enjoy together
• Sciencefrom exploring the wonder of animals to the physical properties of light, air, and waterfun activities that will let children observe, experience, and enjoy the natural world
Linda Bevilacqua is the president of the Core Knowledge Foundation and was responsible for the development of the Core Knowledge preschool program that is now being used in over 1,200 preschool classrooms across the country. She and her husband, Jean-Jacques, live in Charlottesville, Virginia.