- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Moody Publishers
Publication Date: 2008
You have been lied to! Have you been deceived?
Through a nationwide survey and in-depth discussion groups, Nancy and Dannah have listened carefully to the heart of your generation. And here are some things theyve heard:
-"I know God should be the only thing that satisfies, but if it could be Him and my friends, then I could be happy."
-"It seems like I have been struggling with depression forever. I always feel like I am not good enough."
- "I tell myself that I dont really listen to the song lyrics, but once I hear a song a few times and start thinking about what theyre saying I realize
that it's too late. It's already stuck in my head."
-"For me, the whole wife and mom thing is overrated. It isnt cool to want a husband and a family."
Maybe you can identify. Trying to listen to the right voices can be difficult. This book has been written by friends who will help you find the Truth. Maybe your heart is telling you that some things in your life are way off course. Certain habits and relationships have left you confused and lonely. This is not the way its supposed to be.
In this book, Nancy and Dannah expose 25 of the lies most commonly believed by your generation. They share real-life accounts from some of the young women they interviewed, along with honest stories about how theyve overcome lies they believed themselves. They get down in the trenches of the battle with you. Best of all, theyll show you how to be set free by the Truth.
DANNAH GRESH is a bestselling author and co-founder of Pure Freedom. Dannah's books include And the Bride Wore White , What Are You Waiting For: The One Thing No One Ever Tells You About Sex, and Lies Young Women Believe (co-authored with Nancy Leigh DeMoss), in addition to the Secret Keeper series. She is also a frequent guest for national radio, TV and print mediums. Dannah lives in State College, Pennsylvania, with her husband, Bob, and their three children.
MyJo1 Stars Out Of 5shocked and disappointedAugust 8, 2017MyJoQuality: 3Value: 3Meets Expectations: 1i bought this book to take on a mission trip to Africa with me but after reading it i may need to tear out a few pages that are more authors opinion than Biblical. For example, the authors make it clear that God's main design for women are to be a wife and mother highly suggesting that if you don't do that you are not following God when Paul in the Bible specifically urged believers to focus on doing God's Will and only getting married if that helps you follow God better. It also says that a woman's job is to complete a man. Wait, what? i thought it was Gods job to complete each of us since He designed a hole in our heart that only He can fill. And it warns us that "increasingly, young married women are choosing not to have children or to delay motherhood until they've had a chance to do everything else they want to do in life" as if that is a bad thing. Since when is being responsible and not just following the "marriage and having babies trend" a bad thing? My advice, just do what God calls you to do, whether married or single, moms or not, our purpose is to serve God not man. don't let this book pressurize you into believing anything else.
Missy5 Stars Out Of 5Lies Young Women BelieveJanuary 14, 2016MissyQuality: 0Value: 0Meets Expectations: 0Excellent book! Addresses all kinds of topics pre-teen/teens are struggling w/ today; cutting, image, food addictions/bulimia, etc. These are hard topics to talk about but choose to discuss them and help the hurting.
becky5 Stars Out Of 5Lies Young Women BelieveNovember 23, 2015beckyQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This book and companion guide are excellent for high school girls! I teach a Sunday morning life group of 11th grade girls. We decided to meet outside of class to study God's Word. Lies Young Women believe meets them right where they are in temptations they are facing and choices they are making. the girls & I love it!
Group Leader5 Stars Out Of 5Lies Young Women BelieveJanuary 21, 2015Group LeaderClear and direct. Attractive and appealing layout. Great discussions on truth!
happy mom5 Stars Out Of 5greatJanuary 2, 2015happy momQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Great book, must read for all teenage girls & their moms!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> General
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Relationships
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Student & Teens >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Student & Teens >> Personal Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Student & Teens >> Relationships
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Student & Teens >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Personal Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Relationships
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Christian Living
- Download >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Personal Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Relationships