- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Moody Publishers
Publication Date: 2008
You have been lied to! Have you been deceived?
Through a nationwide survey and in-depth discussion groups, Nancy and Dannah have listened carefully to the heart of your generation. And here are some things theyve heard:
-"I know God should be the only thing that satisfies, but if it could be Him and my friends, then I could be happy."
-"It seems like I have been struggling with depression forever. I always feel like I am not good enough."
- "I tell myself that I dont really listen to the song lyrics, but once I hear a song a few times and start thinking about what theyre saying I realize
that it's too late. It's already stuck in my head."
-"For me, the whole wife and mom thing is overrated. It isnt cool to want a husband and a family."
Maybe you can identify. Trying to listen to the right voices can be difficult. This book has been written by friends who will help you find the Truth. Maybe your heart is telling you that some things in your life are way off course. Certain habits and relationships have left you confused and lonely. This is not the way its supposed to be.
In this book, Nancy and Dannah expose 25 of the lies most commonly believed by your generation. They share real-life accounts from some of the young women they interviewed, along with honest stories about how theyve overcome lies they believed themselves. They get down in the trenches of the battle with you. Best of all, theyll show you how to be set free by the Truth.
DANNAH GRESH is a bestselling author and co-founder of Pure Freedom. Dannah's books include And the Bride Wore White , What Are You Waiting For: The One Thing No One Ever Tells You About Sex, and Lies Young Women Believe (co-authored with Nancy Leigh DeMoss), in addition to the Secret Keeper series. She is also a frequent guest for national radio, TV and print mediums. Dannah lives in State College, Pennsylvania, with her husband, Bob, and their three children.
Missy5 Stars Out Of 5Lies Young Women BelieveJanuary 14, 2016MissyQuality: 0Value: 0Meets Expectations: 0Excellent book! Addresses all kinds of topics pre-teen/teens are struggling w/ today; cutting, image, food addictions/bulimia, etc. These are hard topics to talk about but choose to discuss them and help the hurting.
becky5 Stars Out Of 5Lies Young Women BelieveNovember 23, 2015beckyQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This book and companion guide are excellent for high school girls! I teach a Sunday morning life group of 11th grade girls. We decided to meet outside of class to study God's Word. Lies Young Women believe meets them right where they are in temptations they are facing and choices they are making. the girls & I love it!
Group Leader5 Stars Out Of 5Lies Young Women BelieveJanuary 21, 2015Group LeaderClear and direct. Attractive and appealing layout. Great discussions on truth!
happy mom5 Stars Out Of 5greatJanuary 2, 2015happy momQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Great book, must read for all teenage girls & their moms!
J1 Stars Out Of 5Preview before you purchase!November 19, 2014JQuality: 2Value: 1Meets Expectations: 1Not what I was expecting! :( I was very excited to find this book to use for a girls group I'm leading. I really enjoyed "Lies Women Believe" so I thought this would be just as good. I WAS WRONG! Please preview this book before you buy! (can click above to view pages) The content is much more graphic than what I feel comfortable using with my group. I would only use this for girls 17+ (if at all!) I think some of the examples are just too much. I am very disappointed in this book. Please read this before you give it to anyone or use it for your groups. Lesson learned for me. I will preview book before just reading reviews...did everyone else actually READ this book?
Find Related Products▼▲
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Christian Living
- Download >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Personal Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Relationships
- Student & Teens >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Student & Teens >> Personal Growth
- Student & Teens >> Relationships
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
- eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Christian Living
- eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Personal Growth
- eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Relationships