Written in Tears: A Grieving Father's Journey Through Psalm 102 - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
When Veldt's 13-year-old daughter died in 2006, he was plagued by doubt. Is there a God? Is what I've always believed true? Turning to Psalm 103, he found peace. Join him on a poignant journey as he discovers that seasons of sorrow can teach us more about God's love and compassion than times of joy.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Discovery House
Publication Date: 2010
When Luke Veldts thirteen-year-old daughter died suddenly in 2006, he questioned the faith he had known from childhood: "Is it all true? Is there a God? Is my daughter with Him?" Despite his doubts, Luke turned to the Bible for answers to his questions and comfort for his grief. In Psalm 103, which he read every day for a year, Luke discovered a kindred spirit in King David, who knew what it was like to be in the pit. Luke also discovered that he was learning more about God in his sorrow than he ever had in times of joy.
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
MiriamOhioAge: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Loss of a ChildOctober 31, 2010MiriamOhioAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I cannot imagine the grief a parent must feel when losing a child. In Written in Tears, Luke Veldt shares honest and genuine feelings that he had after the death of his 13 year old daughter, Allison. Allison died due to a brain hemorrhage, so the family experienced many mixed feeling as to the reasons for her death. The author found comfort in reading Psalm 103 daily for the first year after his daughter's death. He shares his new found lessons from these words of David. He doesn't claim to have all the answers or the words of comfort to be used at these times, but he share his sincere feelings as he continues on his life journey. The author himself is a missionary living with his family in Spain. This experience cause him to reevaluate his beliefs about God when these things happen in our lives. The experience drew him closer to God and he shares his revelations with you in this book. Never having had the experience of losing a child, I cannot comment as to whether this book may be helpful to those who have, however I can say that Luke Veldt is very open with his thoughts and feelings and I appreciate his honesty in telling his story.
I received this free book for review from Discovery House Publishers. I was under no obligation to provide a positive review. The opinions of this review are strictly my own and not influenced in any way.
Page 1 of 1
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges >> Death
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues >> Grieving
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues