Add To Cart
The Writing Strands Teacher's Companion provides helpful guidance for anyone using the Writing Strands curriculum from Master Books.
Unlike a traditional guide that focuses specifically on one book or level, this teaching companion can be used alongside any level of the new edition of Writing Strands. It provides a helpful overview of the Writing Strands system, as well as additional information on additional writing, grammar, and literature issues that a teacher may face.
- General guidelines on how to approach drafting papers with students and how to give effective writing feedback
- Discussion of the most common difficulties that students encounter, as well as tips on how to help students overcome these challenges
- Discussion on how to encourage a lifelong love of reading in students, including suggestions on how to ask good questions when discussing books
- Suggested goals and objectives for teaching literature, broken down by age
- An explanation of various elements of fiction and differences in literary genres, as well as appendices with information on basic citation, advice on teaching vocabulary, commonly confused words, and glossaries of grammar and literary terms.
Special attention is also given to the needs of developing readers, with information on teaching techniques for young readers and tips for helping them understand the meaning of what they read and develop critical thinking skills included. It is recommended that teachers read the Teaching Companion before their students start the course and that they continue to consult it as needed as students learn additional concepts.
70 pages, softcover.
Number of Pages: 38
Vendor: Master Books
Publication Date: 2017
|Dimensions: 11 X 8.50 (inches)|
Series: Writing Strands