Add To Cart
Text-Based Writing Grade 2
Encourage kids to master the skill of text-based non-fiction writing with Evan-Moor's "Text-Based Writing Grade 2" workbook. Ideal for preparing your second-grade students for state writing assessments and meeting new standards, fifteen units explore compare and contrast, cause and effect, explanatory, opinion, and argument essays through both reading and writing exercises. The leveled nonfiction reading selections cover biographies, health articles, science articles, geography articles and social studies articles.
Each unit begins with a unit focus and lesson checklist to guide students through the learning path and includes:
- a dictionary page that introduces content words
- a leveled nonfiction article to teach close reading
- text-dependent comprehension questions to support understanding
- a graphic organizer to help students organize information from the article and plan their writing
- a text-dependent writing prompt
Teacher pages outline lesson objectives and provide instruction guidance; other teaching helps include downloadable home-school connection activities and projects, common core correlations for each unit, and reading levels to help identify appropriate texts.
144 classroom-reproducible pages, softcover. Grade 2.
Vendor: Evan-Moor Educational Publishers