- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Cyber Deals
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
The Worldview Detective course from the Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW) will help your students analyze authors' worldviews and learn to discern truth in literature. Featuring live discussions of works by Jack London and Flannery O'Conner, as well as a list of 113 discussion questions to help readers analyze every book, this course teaches a method for analyzing literature that you can apply to any book!
This course includes both four DVDs (3 hour presentation) along with a teacher's manual designed to supplement the DVDs. This manual includes the complete text of London's To Build a Fire, a revised & expanded Socratic List of discussion questions, discussion questions and answers for the stories in the DVD, summaries of major literary periods and common worldviews, an explanation and warning about "Christian deconstruction," and more.
Four DVDs feature:
- Step-by-step techniques for "detecting" an author's worldview through close reading
- Worldview analyses of works by Jack London and Flannery O'Connor
- Detailed instructions for applying a Christian worldview to any book
- A revised and expanded Socratic List for worldview analysis, including live explanations and guidance for each question
- Explanations of important terms like worldview, deconstruction, naturalism, realism, romanticism, modernism and more
- Summaries of major literary periods and common worldviews
- Live demonstrations of CenterForLit's famous Socratic teaching technique
- DVD presentations feature both Adam and Missy Andrews in a Socratic discussion setting that models our instructional techniques.
This kit includes:
- 4-DVD Presentation
- Teacher's Manual, 70 pages, spiralbound, softcover. Non-reproducible, so for co-ops and small groups, each teacher/parent/student must purchase his or her own teacher's manual.
Vendor: Institute For Excellence In Writing
|Publication Date: 2015|
IEW Student Writing Intensive Level A Student MaterialsAndrew PudewaInstitute For Excellence In Writing / 2015 / Other$19.00
All Things Fun & Fascinating: Writing Lessons in Structure & Style, Revised EditionLori VerstegenInstitute For Excellence In Writing / 2012 / Other$29.004.5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
Ancient History-Based Writing Lessons, Fourth Edition, Student BookLori VerstegenInstitute For Excellence In Writing / 2014 / Spiral Bound$29.00
Find Related Products
Here at Christianbook.com, we offer thousands of quality curriculums, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call 1-800-788-1221.