Written by an award-winning author, this well-organized and comprehensive introduction to global Christianity illuminates the many ways the world's Christians live their faith today.
- Covers the entire globe: Africa, Asia, and Latin America as well as Europe, North America, and the Pacific
- Provides impartial, in-depth descriptions of the world's four major Christian traditions: Orthodox, Catholic, Protestant, and Pentecostal/Charismatic
- Utilizes the best available sources to produce an up-to-date profile of demographic trends in the Christian population
- Blends history, sociology, anthropology, and theology to create a rich, multi-layered analysis of the world Christian movement
- Features clear maps and 4-color illustrations throughout the volume
"The result is a most useful comprehensive survey of Christianity, one that is especially appropriate for an introductory college course or a church study program. Summing Up: Recommended. Lower- and upper-level undergraduates, practitioners, and general readers." (Choice, 1 November 2011)
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.