- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
|Format: Audio Download|
Publication Date: 2011
This resource uncovers the subtle presence of worldliness in our hearts and helps believers learn to relate to the world while resisting its influence.
People today are saturated in technology and abundance. Most of us have access to endless luxuries: clothes to wear, cars to buy, vacations to take, entertainment to enjoy. Yet this world, which offers so many pleasures, is actively opposed to God and the truth of His Word. How, then, is the Christian to relate to the world in which we live?
In Worldliness, C. J. Mahaney and fellow pastors wisely lead us to see the often subtle presence of worldliness in our hearts-the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions (1 John 2:16).
Looking at the areas of media, music, modesty, and material possessions in particular, Worldliness explores how Christians are to live lives worthy of the gospel and engage a fallen world, without being conformed and ultimately seduced by the system of this world.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Audiobooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Audiobooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Audiobooks >> Download >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Download >> Audiobooks >> Christian Living