Add To Cart
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Spring Cyber Sale
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
The third year in Diana Waring's History Revealed curriculum, World Empires, World Missions, World Wars focuses on world history during the years 1800-1956. Focusing on interpreting history from a biblical worldview, lessons offer an explicitly Christian perspective on world events. Covering the Napoleonic Wars alongside the Modern Missions Movement, the Industrial Revolution to Jim Elliot's martyrdom in Ecuador, this curriculum integrates the historic events in the world with Church history.
The Student Text lessons are designed specifically for homeschoolers who have the freedom to learn through multiple learning styles; students are given multiple options for learning that include visual, auditory, and kinesthetic learning modalities, and lessons integrate the four learning styles and eight intelligences. Units open with a list of key concepts before diving into chapters that clearly explain events with a narrative-style tone. Each unit is then broken into four one-week segments, called phases, which cover multiple learning methods and provide the accompanying activities for the lessons.
- In Phase 1, the student reads the unit article and then listens to fascinating stories of history told by Diana in the What in the World is Going on Here?, True Tales, and Digging Deeper audio CDs. Discussion questions, critical thinking/comprehension exercises, and a self-evaluation are also included, along with a list of optional additional resources to read.
- Phase 2 focuses on exploration and discovery. The student researches a topic of his or her own choosing and also learns vocabulary and constructs a timeline.
- Phase 3 focuses on the geography, arts, and sciences of the period covered through activities in science, art, architecture, cooking, and music. Mapwork exercises ask students to mark physical, geopolitical, and other important information on maps while considering the implications of geography.
- In Phase 4, students are encouraged to express themselves in their own unique way, choosing a project that may include writing, art, music, drama, movement, conceptual design, or other areas of expression.
NKJV Scriptures. 427 pages, softcover. 2nd Edition.
Number of Pages: 430
Vendor: Diana Waring Presents
Publication Date: 2017
|Dimensions: 11.00 X 8.50 X 1.00 (inches)|
Series: History Revealed
Grade 9 World Geography PACEs 1097-1108 (3rd Edition)Accelerated Christian Education / Other$38.595 Stars Out Of 5 4 Reviews
The Mystery Of History, Volume 2: The Early Church and the Middle AgesLinda Lacour HobarBright Ideas Press / 2004 / Trade Paperback$36.89 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 30 Reviews
$49.95Save 26% ($13.06)
Abeka History of the World in Christian Perspective, Fifth EditionAbeka / 2015 / Trade Paperback$31.30
Draw and Write Through History: Pilgrims, Pirates and Patriots, Book 4CPR Publishing / 2009 / Trade Paperback$8.89 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$12.95Save 31% ($4.06)
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
We offer thousands of quality curricula, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call us at 1-800-CHRISTIAN.