The emerging church movement has quickly become one of the fastest growing ecclesiological phenomena in the west today. But there is still a debate to be had about how the church understands its identity and purpose within postmodern culture.
Offering an assessment of the impact of the emerging church upon the church in the West, and examining the thinking of the movement's leading proponents including Brian McLaren and Rob Bell, "New World, New Church?" affirms what is good and insightful in the emerging church and offers a robust critical evaluation of its theological revisions.
Table of Contents:
1. What is the Emerging Church?
2. The Emerging Church and Culture
3. The Emerging Church and Eschatology
4. The Emerging Church and Missiology
5. The Emerging Church and Ecclesiology
6 The Church of Tomorrow