Get thousands of facts right at your fingertips with this essential resource.The World Almanac® and Book of Facts
is America's top-selling reference book of all time, with more than 82 million copies sold. Since 1868, this compendium of information has been the
authoritative source for all your entertainment, reference, and learning needs. The 2017 edition of The World Almanac®
reviews the events of 2016 and will be your go-to source for questions on any topic in the upcoming year. Praised as a "treasure trove of political, economic, scientific and educational statistics and information" by The Wall Street Journal
, The World Almanac® and Book of Facts
will answer all of your trivia needs—from history and sports to geography, pop culture, and much more. Features include:
• The Year in Review: The World Almanac® takes a look back at 2016 while providing all the information you'll need in 2017.
• 2016—Top 10 News Topics: The editors of The World Almanac® list the top stories that held the world's attention in 2016.
• 2016—Year in Sports: Hundreds of pages of trivia and statistics that are essential for any sports fan, featuring complete coverage of the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio, the 2016 World Series, and much more.
• 2016—Year in Pictures: Striking full-color images from around the world in 2016, covering news, entertainment, science, and sports.
• 2016—Offbeat News Stories: The World Almanac® editors found some of the strangest news stories of the year.
• World Almanac ® Editors' Picks: Time Capsule: The World Almanac® lists the items that most came to symbolize the year 2016, from news and sports to pop culture.
• 2016 Election Results: The World Almanac® provides a comprehensive look at the entire 2016 election process, from the roller coaster of the early primaries to state and county presidential voting results and coverage of House, Senate, and gubernatorial races.
• The World at a Glance: This annual feature of The World Almanac® provides a quick look at the surprising stats and curious facts that define the changing world.
• and much more.
Sarah Janssen is the senior editor of The World Almanac® and Book of Facts. She lives in Brooklyn, NY.