Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Student & Teens
- Sunday School
Number of Pages: 208
Vendor: Christian Focus Publications
Publication Date: 2008
|Dimensions: 8.50 X 5.31 X 0.55 (inches)|
The Purity Principle: God's Safeguards for Life's Dangerous TrailsRandy AlcornMultnomah Books / 2003 / Hardcover$9.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 6 Reviews
$12.99Save 23% ($3.00)
If the modern world can be characterised by one thing it is probably the enormous increase in the number of words around - but that increase has also been accompanied by a seemingly corresponding decrease in understanding. It is the irony of the information age that instead of bringing clarity it has raised uninformed opinion to the same level as truth.
The church has also not been faultless. Rather than discuss ideas in order to come to some settled agreement, the church has been characterised as trying to make words mean different things in order to accommodate differences.
But the church should be a beacon of light to the world. The church has the words of eternal life.
J. I. Packer is a master wordsmith. He is also gifted with the ability of showing where truth lies in complicated reasoning. These skills combine to make Words from God a fascinating read - and a life-changing one.
The 18 words are Death, Devil, Election, Faith, Fellowship, Grace, Holiness, Justification, Lord, Mediator, Mortification, Reconciliation, Regeneration, Revelation, Sanctification, Scripture, Sin & World.
"This is a good book for young Christians seeking a more profound understanding of doctrine and a good refresher course for older hands"
"A doctrinal Solomon... Mediating debates on everything from a particular Bible translation to the acceptability of free-flowing Pentecostal spirituality, Packer helps unify a community that could easily fall victim to its internal tensions."
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Introducing the Faith
- Books >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing God
- Books >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Christianity & Culture
- Books >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Introducing the Faith
- Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing God
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Christianity & Culture
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose