Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 32
Publication Date: 2008
|Dimensions: 11.18 X 9.38 X 0.38 (inches)|
Woolbur's list of Do's and Don'ts:
DO express yourself creatively…
DON'T worry if you weave your forelock into a pot holder!
DO march to your own beat…
DON'T worry when Maa and Paa tell you to stay with the herd!
DO be bold and brave…
DON'T be afraid to BE YOURSELF!
Woolbur is not like other sheep. He hangs out with wild dogs, cards his own wool to avoid the shearing barn, and even dyes his wool blue. "Don't worry!" says Grandpaa when Maa and Paa fret that Woolbur is different. But when they tell their son to follow the flock, the opposite happensthe flock follows him! Soon everyone is copying his wild hairstyles and taking turns on the spinning wheel. Leave it to Woolbur to find a new way to step ahead of the herd.
Spunky, funky, and refreshingly distinct, Woolbur will strike a chord with anyone who's ever felt different. And that's all of us!
Leslie Helakoski is the author of the Big Chickens series as well as Woolbur and Woolbur Goes to School. She has written and illustrated Fair Cow, Big Pigs, Doggone Feet, and Hoot and Honk Just Can’t Sleep. She lives in Michigan with her family. Visit her online at www.helakoskibooks.com.
Lee Harper is an illustrator, and sometimes author-illustrator, of a flock of picture books. He still likes going to school, but nowadays when he goes to school it’s as a visiting author. He drives there in a regular car but wishes he could get there on a hay wagon like Woolbur. Learn more about Lee Harper’s books and school visits at www.leeharperart.com.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Respect & Self-Esteem
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Siblings/Family Life
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction >> Animal Stories
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Respect & Self-Esteem
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Siblings/Family Life
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction >> Animal Stories