Wonder, Fear, and Longing: A Book of Prayers - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase only in certain countries.
What does your heart need? We all feel fear, gratitude, longing and wonder, but do you feel safe enough to bring your deepest self to God? In Wonder, Fear, and Longing Mark Yaconelli explores prayer within the various moods of human experience. Through Scripture selections and anecdotes Yaconelli encourages you to give yourself to God in prayer to discover the joy of intimacy with your heavenly Father.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Zondervan/Youth Specialties
Publication Date: 2009
Every heart feels wonder. Every heart knows fear. Every heart aches with longing. Awed, we whisper, Thank you. Frightened, we cry, Mercy. Yearning we plead, Show me the way. Because the truth is, no matter who you are, every heart needs prayer.This is a prayer book. A book to seduce, cajole, entice, and encourage your heart into prayer. More than a book to be read, this is a book to be explored. It is a book of stories, divine poetry, holy verses, mystical inspirations, prayerful imaginings, meditative practices, and spiritual exercises that seek to uncover the hidden communication between you and God. As you read and explore more about love, longing, fear, suffering, compassion, rest, reflection, passion, wonder, and gratitude youll be invited to discover prayer within the various moods, attitudes, and experiences that we human beings often find ourselves in. Its a book to be used, flipped through, tested, experimented with, and then set aside. It is a book that asks you time after time to stop and listen, turn and welcome the silent love of God. The hope of this book isnt to teach you anything. The point of this book is to encourage you to give yourself to Godyour anger, your fear, your gratitude, your curiosityyour real self to the real God, because then (and only then) will your heart find peace (even in the midst of wonder, fear, and longing). Because every heart needs prayer.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Student & Teens >> Personal Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Student & Teens >> Prayer
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Prayer & Devotion
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Devotionals
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Devotionals
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Personal Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Devotionals
- Download >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Personal Growth