Email me when this product is available.
Add To Cart
Number of Pages: 1032
Vendor: Holman Reference
Publication Date: 2011
|Dimensions: 9.25 X 6.13 X 1.44 (inches)|
The Women's Evangelical Commentary: New Testament is a Bible commentary written and edited by women for women. While other commentaries take an egalitarian view of the relationship between men and women, the editors and writers of this commentary believe the complementarian view of the relationship between men and women most accurately interprets God’s intent as expressed in Scripture. Features include:
• Introductory background (author, recipients, setting, outline, themes)
• Verse-by-verse exposition, giving special attention to passages of interest to women without sidestepping difficult-to-interpret passages
• Charts, maps, and word studies
• Character sketches of women in the New Testament
• Pronunciation guide for difficult proper names
• Archaeological notes
• Featured articles on topics of interest to women
• Devotional insights and inspirational notes
• Suggested bibliography for further study
Dorothy Kelley Patterson is professor of Theology in Women's Studies at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas, where her husband, Paige Patterson, serves as president. She is also a homemaker, popular speaker, and author whose previous books include A Handbook for Ministers’ Wives, The Family, and BeAttitudes for Women.
Rhonda Harrington Kelley is professor of Women's Ministry and director of the Women's Ministry and Student Wives programs at New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary where her husband, Chuck Kelley, serves as president. She is also a speaker and author whose books include Divine Discipline and A Woman's Guide to Personal Holiness.