7 Women: and the Secret of Their Greatness
Following up on 7 Men and the Secret of Their Greatness, in 7 Women, Eric Metaxas presents the portraits of seven remarkable, faithful women who impacted the lives of the people around them in powerful and unique ways. Each of these women--Joan of Arc, Susanna Wesley, Hannah More, Maria Skobtsova, Corrie ten Boom, Mother Teresa, and Rosa Parks--is an extraordinary example of true womanhood and courage in the face of opposition. Discover how they changed the course of history by following God's call upon their lives! Paperback Edition.
|Title: 7 Women: and the Secret of Their Greatness|
By: Eric Metaxas
Number of Pages: 256
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2016
|Dimensions: 8.40 X 5.50 (inches)|
Weight: 8 ounces
Stock No: WW088134
In this highly anticipated follow-up to the enormously successful Seven Men, New York Times bestselling author Eric Metaxas gives us seven captivating portraits of some of the greatest women who ever lived, each of whom changed the course of history by following Gods call upon their livesnow in paperback.
Each of the world-changing figures who stride across these pagesJoan of Arc, Susanna Wesley, Hannah More, Sister Maria of Paris, Corrie ten Boom, Rosa Parks, and Mother Teresais an exemplary model of true womanhood. Learn integrity and courage from the stories of heroines like
- Teenaged Joan of Arc, who followed Gods call and liberated her country, dying a heroic martyrs death;
- Susanna Wesley, who had nineteen children and gave the world its most significant evangelist and its greatest hymn writer, her sons John and Charles;
- Corrie ten Boom, who was arrested for hiding Dutch Jews from the Nazis and survived the horrors of a concentration camp, astonishing the world by forgiving her tormentors; and
- Rosa Parks, whose deep sense of justice and unshakable dignity and faith helped launch the twentieth-centurys greatest social movement.
Writing in his trademark conversational and engaging style, Eric Metaxas reveals how the extraordinary women profiled here achieved their greatness, inspiring readers to lives guided by a call beyond themselves.
Eric Metaxas is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Bonhoeffer, Martin Luther, If You Can Keep It, Miracles, Seven Women, Seven Men, andAmazing Grace. His books have been translated into more than twenty-five languages. His writing has appeared in the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, and the New Yorker, and Metaxas has appeared as a cultural commentator on CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC. He is the host of The Eric Metaxas Radio Show, a daily nationally syndicated show aired in 120 U.S. cities and on TBN. Metaxas is also the founder of Socrates in the City, the acclaimed series of conversations on "life, God, and other small topics," featuring Malcolm Gladwell, Ambassador Caroline Kennedy, Baroness Caroline Cox, and Dick Cavett, among many others. He is a senior fellow and lecturer at large at the Kings College in Manhattan, where he lives with his wife and daughter.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Closeouts
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Biblical Figures
- Closeouts >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living
- Closeouts >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Biography
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.