- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Cyber Week
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
Number of Pages: 192
Publication Date: 2010
|Dimensions: 8.50 X 5.50 (inches)|
Stemming from the Desiring God 2009 National Conference, Julius Kim, Douglas Wilson, Marvin Olasky, Mark Talbot, Sam Storms, and John Piper invite us to sit with Calvin in the theater of God, marveling at his glory.
John Piper (DTheol, University of Munich) is teacher and founder of desiringGod.org and chancellor of Bethlehem College and Seminary. He served for 33 years as pastor at Bethlehem Baptist Church in Minneapolis and is author of more than 50 books, including Desiring God, Dont Waste Your Life, This Momentary Marriage, Bloodlines, and Does God Desire All to Be Saved?
David Mathis (MDiv, Reformed Theological Seminary Orlando) is executive editor at desiringGod.org and an elder at Bethlehem Baptist Church in Minneapolis. He also serves as an adjunct professor at Bethlehem College and Seminary. David and his wife, Megan, have two sons.
Marvin Olasky (PhD, American Culture, University of Michigan) is the editor-in-chief of World Magazine. He has been interviewed numerous times by the national media as the developer of the concepts of compassionate conservatism and biblically objective journalism and is the author of twenty books.
Sam Storms (PhD, University of Texas at Dallas) has spent 40 years in ministry as a pastor, professor, and author. He was visiting associate professor of theology at Wheaton College from 2000 to 2004, and is currently senior pastor at Bridgeway Church in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. He is the founder of Enjoying God Ministries and the author of numerous books, including Chosen for Life, Tough Topics: Biblical Answers to 25 Challenging Questions, and Kept for Jesus.
Douglas Wilson, a popular speaker and author, helped to found Logos School in Moscow, Idaho. A fellow of Philosophy and Classical Languages at New St. Andrews College, he has an M.A. in philosophy and a B. A. in classical studies.
Mark Talbot (PhD, University of Pennsylvania) is associate professor of philosophy at Wheaton College. He specializes in philosophical psychology and philosophical theology and has written numerous articles and reviews.
ToddOklahoma City, OKAge: 25-34Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Must read for everyone!December 2, 2010ToddOklahoma City, OKAge: 25-34Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This book was written to not celebrate the person of John Calvin but to use his life to point others to the God that consumed Calvin's life. I think the author's of the essays in the book accomplish this purpose quite well. As I read this book I was greatly challenged and was led to think through things more deeply. Reading this book definitely caused me to seek God's glory more deeply in all things and I know it will be the same for you.
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Church History >> Church History Surveys >> Reformation to Present Surveys
- Academic >> Church History >> Reformation Studies
- Academic >> Church History >> Significant People & Events
- Academic >> Theology >> Systematic Theology Theologians >> Calvin
- Academic >> Theology >> Theologians
- Books >> Church History >> Church History Surveys >> Reformation to Present Surveys
- Books >> Church History >> Reformation Studies
- Books >> Church History >> Significant People & Events
- Books >> Closeouts
- Books >> Theology >> Systematic Theology Theologians >> Calvin
- Books >> Theology >> Theologians
- Closeouts >> Academic
- Closeouts >> Books
- Cyber Week >> Academic >> Church History
- Cyber Week >> Academic >> Theology
- Cyber Week >> Books >> Church History
- Cyber Week >> Books >> Theology
- Cyber Week >> Closeouts >> Academic
- Cyber Week >> Closeouts >> Books