- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: David C. Cook
Publication Date: 2010
There is a growing collective interest in the end times. But with that interest comes a barrage of confusing, and sometimes misleading, ideas and messages. With so much available information, how can we discern fact from fiction?
Pastor Simon Ponsonby takes an eye-opening look at what the future holds. Cutting through today's cultural din, Simon examines provocative topics including:
- Biblical indicators of the end times
- The return of Jesus Christ
- The tribulation and the rapture
- Israel's place in the future
- The true role of the antichrist
Simon examines each event through the lens of solid scripture, and shares how we can realistically and positively react to these revelations in our daily life. Most of all, we'll find that whatever the future has in store, our hope lies beyond this world. Because no matter the end, the lamb wins.
psimmondAsiaAge: 35-44Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Well-written, easy-to-read book on eschatologyJanuary 31, 2013psimmondAsiaAge: 35-44Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This book is just a bit over 200 pages but it systematically lays out an end-time scenario with a lot of biblical support.
The author explains various views held by Christians and explains why he interprets apocalyptic passages the way he does.
I so appreciated the author's humble attitude and his thorough treatment of the topics covered. His arguments were well-reasoned and easy to understand.
This book was engaging and I was never tempted to skim (something I occasionally do when books get boring).
I was hoping the author might address Universal Reconciliation (UR) since that's a pretty big area of discussion nowadays, but he didn't spend more than a sentence or two on it. He did say that he doesn't find scripture to support it, so I suppose addressing various views regarding post-mortem reconciliation seemed unnecessary.
I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in learning more about the end times and Christ's return!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies >> Book of Revelation
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Prophecy & End Times >> End Times Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Prophecy & End Times >> End Times Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living
- Download >> eBooks >> Prophecy & End Times >> End Times Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology