- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Cyber Deals
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Wilson's helps in understanding word meanings and difficult passages.
- It is both an exhaustive dictionary and a concordance, since significant English words translated from more than one original Hebrew word have a listing of major Scripture references coded to each original Hebrew word used.
- Entries are arranged in English alphabetical order, giving every Hebrew word with its literal English meaning.
Vendor: Hendrickson Publishers
Publication Date: 1993
|Dimensions: 7 3/4 X 9 1/2 X 1 1/2 (inches)|
- CYBER DEAL
Vine's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament WordsW.E. Vine, Merrill F. Unger, William White Jr.Thomas Nelson / 1996 / Hardcover$12.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 192 Reviews
$39.99Save 68% ($27.00)
Gain a better understanding of word meanings in the Old Testament with Wilson's Old Testament Word Studies. Wilson's is a valuable tool for both the Hebrew student and those who do not have a working knowledge of the language.
• Wilson's helps in understanding word meanings and difficult passages.
• It is both an exhaustive dictionary and a concordance, since significant English words translated from more than one original Hebrew word have a listing of major Scripture references coded to each original Hebrew word used.
• Entries are arranged in English alphabetical order, giving every Hebrew word with its literal English meaning.
BabaduBartlesville OKAge: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5November 26, 2010BabaduBartlesville OKAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I have other word study books that are very informative and serve to broaden the perspective regarding word usage in the Holy Scriptures. William Wilson's exceeded my expectations in that it rivals the famous James Strong's Concordance in respect to etymology and definitive concourse.
David Munro4 Stars Out Of 5May 16, 2008David MunroThis book is helpful for those who do not know the languages of the OT. The definitions of words are given, their part of speech (noun, verb, infinitive, etc); other places where the same word is used and translated differently; the various uses of the word are given. It has been very helpful to me!
E Richard Spencer4 Stars Out Of 5February 17, 2007E Richard SpencerSpeaking strictly from a layman's point of view, the definitions were usually pretty thorough, especially when there were large frequencies of a particular word. But when the frequencies were sparce, so were the definitions. Also a little knowledge of Hebrew made the use of the book far easier, especially if you wanted to find ALL the occurances of a specific Hebrew or Aramaic word by using the index in the back. But over all, it does help open up some of the mysteries of the Old Testament, thereby giving the reader a greater understanding to the theology of the Old Testament.