The Wiley-Blackwell Companion to African Religions - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2012
Series: Wiley-Blackwell Companions to Religion
The Wiley-Blackwell Companion to African Religions brings together a team of international scholars to create a single-volume resource on the religious beliefs and practices of the peoples in Africa.
- Offers broad coverage of issues relating to African religions, considering experiences in indigenous, Christian, and Islamic traditions across the continent
- Contributors are from a variety of fields, ensuring the volume offers multidisciplinary perspectives
- Explores methodological approaches to religion from anthropological, philosophical, and historical perspectives
- Provides insights into the historical developments in African religions, as well as contemporary issues such as the development of African-initiated churches, neo traditional religions, and Pentecostalism
- Discusses important topics at the intersection of culture and religion in Africa, including the arts, health, politics, globalization, gender relations, and the economy
Elias Kifon Bongmba holds the Harry and Hazel Chavanne Chair in Christian Theology and is Professor of Religious Studies at Rice University. He is the author of Facing a Pandemic: The African Church and Crisis of AIDS (2007), The Dialectics of Transformation in Africa (2006), which won the 2007 Franz Fanon Prize for outstanding work in Caribbean thought, and African Witchcraft and Otherness: A Philosophical and Theological Critique of Intersubjective Relations (2001).
“Summing Up: Recommended. Upper-level undergraduates through researchers/faculty.” (Choice, 1 June 2013)
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Worldview Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Religion
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Religion
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Worldview Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Worldview Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Religion