- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: B&H Books
Publication Date: 2008
From Moses to Jesus, so many heroes of the Bible had to endure some type of wilderness season in their life, a time of testing that was painful to endure but ultimately brought glory to God.
In Wilderness Skills for Women, rising author/speaker Marian Jordan sees the same thing happening today as she and her friends still find themselves going through periods of isolation, temptation, sorrow, and waiting. Whether it’s relationship drama, the constant pull of our sinful nature, a health issue, or any variety of unmet dreams, Jordan turns readers to God’s Word as the ultimate wilderness survival guide.
Conversational and self-deprecatingly confessional in her delivery, this young writer finds ways to have fun with delicate subject matters, using wilderness analogies to great effect in chapters titled "Drink Plenty of Water," "Seek Shelter," and "Don’t Eat the Red Berries."
I have been in an 8 year soul searching journey, as a single woman. As nosurprise, I have experienced much heartache trying to fulfill a huge void in my heart in the wrong places. Sounds familiar:) It was just last year that I finally found Jesus and realized that this could only be filled by him as you stated in your book.
All my life I was brought up in church as a Catholic even went to Notre Dame. However, I never knew what it meant to have a true relationship with our savior, Christ. Your book hit very close to home and it was such a validating feeling to know that I was not alone in this wilderness. Your book has inspired me to continue to grow and strengthen my relationship with Christ. More so your book has given me a different perspective when it comes to my single status now. After all what seems like Rejection is God's PROTECTION. I keep this quote close to me at all times especially in my lonely moments that I experience every so often.
Needless to say I am a stronger woman who now lives to serve our Father first and foremost and I¹m learning how to remain discipline and patient as a single woman among this tempting fleshly world. Your book has been a great compliment to my journey. I plan to share this book as well as your other one with my girlfriends. You are a true blessing and I just wanted to reach out to you and say thank you from the bottom of my heart. Maybe one of these days we can cross paths since I live in Houston as well. - God Bless Jessica Verduzco, Marian Jordan's facebook page
LShonRob4 Stars Out Of 5Another OutlookJanuary 20, 2016LShonRobQuality: 0Value: 0Meets Expectations: 0I'm almost done reading this book. This book helps you to realize the importance of waiting, how we wait, and that there are people who are really going through worse things than being single
Kelly Baxter4 Stars Out Of 5April 28, 2009Kelly BaxterThis was the first book that I have finished and really enjoyed. I have recomended it to all of my friends!!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges >> Pain & Suffering
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Lessons from Scripture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Personal Life >> Self-Esteem
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Personal Life >> Self-Improvement
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues