- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Big Summer Blowout
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Buy in Bulk
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Central America
- Middle East
- National Parks
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- South America
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Philosophical Branches▼▲
- Philosophical Schools▼▲
- Philosophical Subjects▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Not everyone who grows old, grows up. There is a difference between age and maturity. James' letter was written to Christian Jews scattered throughout the Roman Empire. One of the major problems in the church was a failure on the part of many to live what they professed to believe. They also had problems with divisions caused by careless words. And many were dealing with worldliness. These Christians simply weren't growing up!
Designed for both individual and small-group use, the eight lessons reference Wiersbe's commentary Be Mature. Study questions and personal life application questions guide you through the text and prompt life-changing decisions. A small group would need at least an hour to study together unless individuals prepare ahead.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: David C. Cook
Publication Date: 2010
Series: Wiersbe Bible Study
The powerful message of James' letter to the church is as relevant today as when he originally wrote itthough it is still as challenging to hear. Many of our problems in life stem from our own spiritual immaturity. However, our spiritual life doesn't end there; God has more planned for us. He wants us to grow up, not just grow old.
Written in a personal, easy-to-understand style, join Dr. Warren Wiersbe, trusted pastor and respected Bible teacher, as he leads you on a journey to opening your mind and heart to the riches of God in the Wiersbe Bible Study Series.
Dr. Warren W. Wiersbe is an internationally known Bible teacher and the former pastor of three churches, including the Moody Church in Chicago. For ten years he served as general director and Bible teacher for the Back to the Bible radio broadcast. Dr. Wiersbe has written more than 150 books, including the popular "Be" series of expositional Bible studies, which has sold more than four million copies. In 2002, he was awarded the Jordon Lifetime Achievement Award by the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association. He and his wife, Betty, live in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Gay HeiselmanTroy, MT.Age: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Will make you think.February 13, 2012Gay HeiselmanTroy, MT.Age: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4We are using this for Sunday School. All have given positive feed back. This study will make you think and cause you to read more. The questions have sparked great discussions on the scripture passages. We have found that the BE MATURE commentary is strongly suggested to accompany this study.
LindaDenver, COAge: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5A superb bookNovember 2, 2011LindaDenver, COAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Will be used for a group of 9. Excellent material with many questions to answer and discuss.
Ellen4 Stars Out Of 5Not what I was expectingOctober 7, 2011EllenQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 2First of all I want to say the the study itself is great. The problem I had was the description made it sound that it would easily go with Wiersbe's other book on James "Be Mature." However, the two books don't easily fit together. My group has decided that the weekly leader can look at "James a Wiersbe Bible Study" as a resource for further questions instead of everyone trying to fit them together.
HopefilledSan Diego, CAAge: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5easy to follow but inspires deeper discussionMarch 16, 2011HopefilledSan Diego, CAAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5The questions help us share on a deeper level which helps our group to grow closer to the Lord and to each other. I would also highly recommend the commentary. I like the questions in the study book better but the commentary adds a lot to our personal study and our growth group.
Brenda Dixon4 Stars Out Of 5April 14, 2008Brenda DixonMy Woman's Bible Study is enjoying this Study - it is challenging and practical and provides good questions for discussion and reflection. We all have been very pleased.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Studies by Books of the Bible
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Studies by Books of the Bible
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Studies by Books of the Bible
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Studies by Books of the Bible
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Studies by Books of the Bible
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources