- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Most of us have no idea how to reach out to, confront, negotiate with, or set appropriate limits with hard-to-manage relationships. Who's Pushing Your Buttons provides both principles and constructive solutions from a uniquely biblical perspective.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2007
Button-pushers come in all shapes and sizes, but they have one thing in common: Their behavior drives us crazy and makes us dream of ways to escape the mess we're in.
The person who pushes your buttons is likely someone who matters to you a spouse, a parent, a boss, a fellow church member. Almost always this difficult person is connected to you by blood, love, faith, or money, so you can't just end the relationship without causing pain and upheaval in your life.
Our friends and today's culture will often advise us to abandon such relationships quickly to end this unpleasant chapter and get on with our lives. Psychologist and author Dr. John Townsend disagrees, "Your button-pusher is not someone you would easily and casually leave. You are intertwined at many levels. It is worth the trouble to take a look at the ways the relationship you had, and want, can be revived and reborn."
In this easy-to-read book he offers
- Expert insights to help you understand your own button-pusher
- Wise assistance in determining the nature of the problem
- Compassionate help in identifying your failed attempts to fix things
- A hope-filled vision for what can be and how to make it come true
- Rich resources to help you navigate the necessary changes
Dr. John Townsend is a respected leadership consultant, psychologist, and New York Times bestselling author. Dr. Townsend is the founder of the Townsend Institute for Leadership and Counseling, and conducts the Townsend Leadership program. He travels extensively for corporate consulting, speaking, and helping develop leaders and their teams. He and his wife, Barbi, have two sons, Ricky and Benny, and live in Newport Beach, California.
Ronda Stratton5 Stars Out Of 5July 12, 2007Ronda StrattonThis book is so insightful.I highly recommend it,weather you feel your problem is big or small.It helps you realize your own reactions that may be contributing to the ongoing conflicts/problem.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology >> Self-Improvement
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships