- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- US States▼▲
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Philosophical Schools▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Who was Lucille Ball? What is she best remembered for?
This engaging biography covers Lucille Ball's life, she always had a natural flair for performing, from dancing in the chorus of Broadway shows, to small parts in Hollywood movies. Lucy's true talent was for comedy, and her show I Love Lucy is one of the most beloved television shows in TV's history.
Part of the "Who is." series of biographies for middle-grade readers.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Grosset & Dunlap
Publication Date: 2017
Series: Who Was...?
Much like her hit TV show, I Love Lucy, Americans in the 1950s fell in love with Lucy. Born in New York in 1911, Lucille Ball was always a natural performer. She danced in the chorus of Broadway shows and acted in small parts in Hollywood movies. But Ball's true gift was comedy. She found a way to showcase her gifts in 1951 when CBS gave her the chance to star in a sitcom. She based the show on her life and called it I Love Lucy. Over sixty years later, it is still one of the most loved television shows of all time. Lucille Ball became the first woman to run a major television studio, Desilu, and her comedic genius has kept people laughing for generations.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Children >> Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Biography
- Download >> Homeschool >> Books & Classic Literature
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Children >> Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Biography
- Homeschool >> Supplemental >> Books & Classic Literature >> Biography
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download