- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2008
Ive read too many articles that open with an identical list of the many issues and fears pressing down on us today. Its depressing. Its repetitive. And most of us are pretty well aware of the crises that are taking place in our world. CNN is at our fingertips. So its worth noting that Wheres Your Jesus Now? is not depressing, and its not by any means repetitive.
Based on the ultimate concept that weve taken our eyes off Jesus and glued them on fear, Zacharias uses personal experiences, history, and contemporary culture to emphasize her points. Each chapter reads more like a personal essay and stands almost entirely complete on its own, full of color, life lessons, and punch. And although some readers might find themselves uncomfortable with Zachariass in-your-face style, I found her voice to be refreshing and bold.
Zacharias doesnt claim to be a theologian. In fact, Im sure that there will be some who will disagree with her point of view as expressed in the book. But thats okay, because thats her point, too. She doesnt give a bulleted list of solutions or pretend to have the ultimate answer. I believe Zacharias intended this book to point us back to Jesus and away from fear, away from the angry dad box we put God in and back to the Lord who loves us and never leaves. As Matthew 28:20 puts it, Surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. Lauren Richwine, www.ChristianBookPreviews.com
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> For Seekers
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> For Seekers
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> For Seekers
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living