Add To Cart
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
- Media Type▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: B&H Books
Publication Date: 2011
The media-driven world places enormous pressure on people to conform to its secular point of view—and young people are especially susceptible to this ploy. Writing to a student audience, authors Mike and Daniel Blackaby (the grandsons of Experiencing God author Henry Blackaby) explain how Christians typically respond to this pressure in one of three ways, assigning names for each group: "Cave-Ins" are Christians who accept the world's values and compromise their faith or abandon it altogether. "Cave-Dwellers" are believers who fear the world and seek to insulate themselves from it and its influence as much as possible. "Colliders" are the Christians who remain true to their faith yet effectively engage the world and are used by God to change peoples' lives. When Worlds Collide is the Blackabys' case for becoming a Collider. In chapters packed with story-based devotional thoughts, plenty of humor, and easy steps for application, they prove it's possible to live an authentic Christian life that meets the world head-on without spiritual compromise.
Mike Blackaby is a Young Adults pastor at a church in Jonesboro, Georgia. The grandson of Henry Blackaby (Experiencing God), he also co-wrote When Worlds Collide: Stepping Up and Standing Out in an Anti-God Culture.
Daniel Blackaby is a fourth generation author whose books include When Worlds Collide, The Lost City Chronicles, and Legend of the Book Keeper.
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
JIMLGeorgiaAge: 25-34Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5A Must ReadMay 31, 2012JIMLGeorgiaAge: 25-34Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Overflows with wit and wisdom. Highly recommend this book!
renpauDurham, NCAge: Over 65Gender: female4 Stars Out Of 5Very good for allJune 28, 2011renpauDurham, NCAge: Over 65Gender: femaleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4This book was written by brothers .. and is very good reading for college-bound young people. However, adults should read it too to really get the concept of our young people of today.
Page 1 of 1
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Student & Teens >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Student & Teens >> Service
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Missions Evangelism & Service
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Christian Living
- Church & Supplies >> Youth Ministry >> Missions Evangelism & Service
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Christian Living