Clinical psychologist and anger expert W. Doyle Gentry offers compassionate, practical insight to those with angry loved ones, providing coping strategies that help strengthen emotional intimacy and establish boundaries-and avoid being held hostage to a partner's angry words and behavior.
When Someone You Love Is Angry combines the latest research with real-life testimony, resulting in a survival guide for those exposed to toxic anger, outlining a unique seven-step program to minimize the emotional damage of loving, but angry, relationships:
- Reaching out for support
- Abandoning the eight myths about love and anger
- Recognizing and putting a stop to abusive behavior
- Avoiding facilitation of the anger syndrome
- Refraining from angry responses
- Innoculating oneself against stress
- Exploring one's options
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.