Add To Cart
When God Doesn't Fix It Study Guide with DVD
Add To Cart
Is it possible that good things can come out of our broken dreams? Building upon her book, When God Doesn't Fix It, this Bible Study examines what the Bible says about God and why our lives often don't turn out the way we like. She looks at the brokenness of some of our biblical heroes of faith - Abraham, Joseph, David, Paul - and shows how despite their flawed stories, God used them. God may not fix everything. In fact, our situation might never change or get better. But..we can. Study pack includes one Study Guide and one DVD.
1. Don't Be Surprised by Trouble (14:00)
2. Best-Made Plans (14:00)
3. When God Doesn't Fix It (10:00)
4. Why? The Question on Replay (12:00)
5. A Better Broken (13:00)
Approximate runtime: 63 minutes
|Title: When God Doesn't Fix It Study Guide with DVD|
By: Laura Story
Vendor: HarperChristian Resources
Publication Date: 2016
|Dimensions: 9.0 X 6.0 (inches)|
Weight: 8 ounces
Stock No: WW089191
Laura StoryFair Trade Services / 2017 / Compact discOur Price$5.934.5 out of 5 stars for Open Hands, CD. View reviews of this product. 6 Reviews
Retail Price$6.59Save 10% ($0.66)
Laura StoryINO Records / 2011 / Compact discOur Price$10.995 out of 5 stars for Blessings CD. View reviews of this product. 42 Reviews
Retail Price$11.99Save 8% ($1.00)
Tony Evans, Chrystal Evans HurstFocus on the Family / 2014 / DVDOur Price$23.995 out of 5 stars for Kingdom Woman DVD and Study Guide. View reviews of this product. 2 Reviews
Retail Price$29.99Save 20% ($6.00)
Beth MooreLifeway / 2016 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$15.994.5 out of 5 stars for Entrusted Bible Study Book: A Study of 2 Timothy. View reviews of this product. 6 Reviews
Is it possible for our faith in God to deepen despite loss, heartache, struggle, and pain?
Worship leader and recording artist Laura Story's life testifies that God doesn't promise to save us from all hardship. No matter how hard we pray, sometimes our circumstances don't change.
Laura's own story took an unexpected turn when her husband, Martin, was diagnosed with a brain tumor. The devastating news forever changed their lives and challenged Laura's belief in the little control she thought she had. Her discovery: that her struggles to accept her new situation ended up convincing her even more strongly of God's faithfulness and love.
In this five-session video study, Laura shares her deeply personal testimony and renewed hope to help us:
- Examine the promises of the gospel and what the Bible says about our experiences here on Earth.
- See how the hardships endured by some of the men and women of the Bible teach us how God works in our lives to bring us closer to him.
- Understand that the possibility exists for a deeper intimacy with God, whose everlasting promises remain no matter what happens in this life.
This study guide includes leader helps, video discussion questions, Bible exploration questions, and personal study and reflection materials for in-between sessions.
- Don't Be Surprised by Trouble Healthy ways of recognizing the existence of loss and pain without being paranoid or cynical.
- Best-Made Plans A closer look at human plans and God's plans and how they might be different.
- When God Doesn't Fix It How stories of imperfect lives and struggles can showcase God's faithfulness and what that means for us.
- Why? The Question on Replay Finding freedom in not having all the answers.
- A Better Broken How to change despite our unchanging circumstances.
This pack contains one study guide and one DVD.
Laura Story is a wife, mother, songwriter, worship leader, author, artist, and Bible teacher. Her songswhich have won Grammys, Billboard Music Awards, and Dove Awardsinclude "Blessings" and Chris Tomlins "Indescribable." She is the bestselling author of two books and Bible studies, When God Doesnt Fix It and I Give Up. Laura has a master of theological studies and a doctorate in worship studies, and has served as a worship leader at Perimeter Church in Atlanta since 2005. Her greatest joy is being a wife to Martin and mother to Josie, Ben, Griffin, and Timothy.
Ask a Question▼▲
Q: How long are the video sessions for this study?
Find Related Products▼▲
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.