Add To Cart
- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
In All the Places to Go, John Ortberg helped us recognize divinely placed open doors. Now he, host Ann Voskamp, and Compassion International CEO Santiago Mellado encourage you to make decisions that align with God's priorities as you begin your journey toward a more caring life.
If it's true that we are the sum of the decisions we make across a lifetime, then what two or three big decisions would you point to that helped form who are you today? This When Compassion Meets Action DVD Church Kit is designed to help your congregation reflect on the choices they make on a daily basis and their willingness to walk through the open doors God has provided in their lives. The Kit includes a 5-session DVD, a participant's guide, and Ortberg's softcover book.
Vendor: Tyndale House
Publication Date: 2017
Series: When Compassion Meets Action
Wavers & Beggars: New Insight and Hope to End Poverty and Global ChallengesWarren Bruhl, Todd Love Ball Jr.WestBow Press / 2016 / Trade Paperback$24.395 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
Hope Rising: How Christians Can End Extreme Poverty in this GenerationScott ToddThomas Nelson / 2014 / Trade Paperback$8.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$15.99Save 47% ($7.50)
The Economics of Neighborly Love: Investing in Your Community's Compassion and CapacityTom NelsonInterVarsity Press / 2017 / Trade Paperback$9.99 Retail:
$16.00Save 38% ($6.01)
When Compassion Meets Action DVD features host Ann Voskamp and includes five teaching sessions with John Ortberg and Santiago "Jimmy" Mellado.
- Session 1 - Decisions, Decisions (23 minutes)
- Session 2 - The Real Reason You're Here (23 minutes)
- Session 3 - The Power of "Your People" (21 minutes)
- Session 4 - The Church at Its Best (23 minutes)
- Session 5 - When "Yes" Spreads (28 minutes)
About the Authors▼▲
JOHN ORTBERG is an author, a speaker, and the senior pastor of Menlo Church in the San Francisco Bay area. His books include All the Places to Go . . . How Will You Know?; If You Want to Walk on Water, You’ve Got to Get Out of the Boat; and more. Born and raised in Rockford, Illinois, John graduated from Wheaton College and holds a master of divinity and a PhD in clinical psychology from Fuller Seminary.
SANTIAGO “JIMMY” MELLADO is the president and chief executive officer of Compassion International, a holistic child-development organization committed to releasing children from poverty in Jesus’ name. Prior to joining Compassion in June 2013, Jimmy was president of the Willow Creek Association. A cum laude graduate of Southern Methodist University (bachelor’s) and Harvard Business School (MBA), Jimmy is an accomplished athlete who competed in both the 1987 Pan American Games and the 1988 Seoul Olympic Games for the country of his birth, El Salvador.
ANN VOSKAMP is a farmer's wife, the home-educating mama to a half-dozen exuberant kids, and author of One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are, a New York Times sixty-week bestseller. Named by Christianity Today as one of fifty women most shaping culture and the church today, she's a global advocate for needy children with Compassion International.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Church Campaigns
- Christmas Clearance >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Church Campaigns
- Christmas Clearance >> Church & Supplies >> Church Leadership
- Christmas Clearance >> Last Chance Bargains >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Christmas Clearance >> Last Chance Bargains >> Church & Supplies
- Church & Supplies >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Church Campaigns
- Last Chance Bargains >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Last Chance Bargains >> Church & Supplies