Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
What Your Fourth Grader Needs to Know features the foundational basics of what 4th graders should be taught. Supporting Common Core, this book provides parents with information to help their children at home. Full-color illustrations and easy-to-follow chapters on language and literature, geography and history, visual arts, music, mathematics, and science are easily read with poetry, excerpts from classic literature, examples of sentences for grammar, maps, and other textbook-like chapters. 454 pages, indexed, softcover.
Number of Pages: 400
Publication Date: 2016
|Dimensions: 9.10 X 7.40 (inches)|
Series: Core Knowledge
ACE Core Curriculum Kit (4 Subjects), PACEs Only, Grade 4, 3rd Edition (with 4th Edition Science & Social Studies)Accelerated Christian Education / Other$130.29
Abeka Grade 4 Homeschool Bible Curriculum Materials KitAbeka / 2015 / Other$123.50 Retail:
$137.25Save 10% ($13.75)
Master Books Grade 4 Curriculum KitMaster Books / 2015 / Other$87.49 Retail:
$161.87Save 46% ($74.38)
Homeschool Reviews/Home School, Inc. Grade 4 Quick Start Curriculum KitChristian Liberty Press / Other$313.99
What Your Fourth Grader Needs to Know
How can you help your child at home? This book answers that important question and more, offering the specific shared knowledge that thousands of parents and teachers across the nation have agreed upon for American fourth graders. Featuring full-color illustrations throughout, a bolder, easier-to-follow format, and a thoroughly updated curriculum, What Your Fourth Grader Needs to Know is designed for parents and teachers to enjoy with children. Hundreds of thousands of students have benefited from the Core Knowledge Series. This edition, featuring a new Introduction, gives todays generation of fourth graders the advantage they need to make progress in school and establish an approach to learning that will last a lifetime. Inside youll discover
• Favorite poemsold and new, from the familiar classic "Paul Reveres Ride" to Langston Hughess "Dreams"
• Literaturefrom around the world, including African and Chinese folktales, excerpts from beloved novels, and condensed versions of popular classics such as Gullivers Travels and "Rip Van Winkle"
• Learning about languagethe basics of written English, including grammar, punctuation, parts of speech, synonyms and antonyms, plus an introduction to common English sayings and phrases
• World and American history and geographyexplore world and American history, including creation of a constitutional government and early presidents and politics
• Visual artsa broad spectrum of art from around the world, including African masks, Islamic architecture, Chinese calligraphy, and great American paintersfeaturing full-color reproductions
• Musicunderstanding and appreciating music, from the basics of musical notation to the orchestra, plus great composers and sing-along lyrics for such favorites as "Auld Lang Syne" and "Waltzing Matilda"
• Mathchallenging lessons ranging from fractions and decimals to understanding graphs, making change, square roots, and the metric system
• Sciencediscover the wonders of the human body and its systems, learn about electricity, atoms, chemistry, geology, and meteorology, plus concise biographies of some of the great scientists of our time