What is Vocation? (Basics of the Faith)
By: Stephen Nichols
More in Basics of the Faith Series
P & R Publishing / 2010 / Paperback
$4.49 (CBD Price)|
Save 10% ($0.50)
Buy 96 or more for $4.27 each.
Availability: In Stock
Warehouse Location: EB366F
CBD Stock No: WW381773
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
For some people work is tedious and boring. They cannot wait until the weekend. For others, work is their life, they cannot imagine their lives without it. Both of these perspectives lack a biblical framework for how to approach work and the workplace. This booklet offers an understanding of Godly vocation that will help balance an out of balance lifestyle.
Number of Pages: 32
Vendor: P & R Publishing
Publication Date: 2010
Dimensions: 8.5 X 5.38 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
Series: Basics of the Faith
Other Customers Also Purchased
Do you find work boring and unfulfilling? Does it consume your time and attention? Here is a biblical framework for an eternal perspective on work, which is ordained by God to have meaning and purpose.
Stephen J. Nichols (PhD, Westminster Theological Seminary) is president of Reformation Bible College and chief academic officer of Ligonier Ministries. He is also author of Jonathan Edwards: A Guided Tour of His Life and Thought and Martin Luther: A Guided Tour of his Life and Thought.
About the Series
Basics of the Faith booklets introduce readers to basic Reformed doctrine and practice. On issues of church government and practice they reflect that framework - otherwise they are suitable for all church situations.
Christians may hold a job, but they are called to a vocation. The loss of a Christian concept of vocation has come at a great cost, leaving many Christians unsure of how their work is to relate to their Christian faithfulness. Stephen Nichols new book comes right on time affirming and explaining the Christian understanding of vocation. Even as so many people are reconsidering their career opportunities and plans for the futures, What is Vocation? takes that question to a whole new level. In the end, faithfulness to Christ is what matters, and understanding our vocation is essential to Christian discipleship.
Be the first to write a review!
Find Related Products
- Books >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Books >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Direction
- Books >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Discipleship
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Direction
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Discipleship
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Start A New Search