Add To Cart
Your 3- to 6-year-olds see you reading God's Word—and now is the perfect time to teach them what it says! In this sweet rhyming story, Carpenter answers preschoolers' questions about God’s Word, the Bible, and teaches them how it can help them every day.
Number of Pages: 32
Publication Date: 2018
|Dimensions: 8 X 8 (inches)|
Series: Precious Blessing
Bible Infographics for Kids: Giants, Ninja Skills, a Talking Donkey, and What's the Deal with the TabernacleHarvest House Publishers / 2018 / Hardcover$8.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 9 Reviews
$16.99Save 50% ($8.50)
With eye-catching illustrations and unforgettable rhymes, What is the Bible? is a full-color picture book that introduces kids ages three to six to the wonder, wisdom, and guidance of God’s Word. Using Scriptures, a bouncing beat, and vibrant pictures, What is the Bible? covers 14 key truths about the God’s Word in a way kids will remember. Features a dedication page and illustrations by Chad Thompson (Disney’s Mulan, Lilo & Stitch, and Brother Bear.)
Dive into this memorable picture book and find out that God’s Word is...
- A Love Letter from God
- Good News about Jesus
- Light in the Darkness
- How to Live God’s Way
- Answers from God
- Help for Life
- Hope from God
- Protection from Harm
- Seeds for Growth
- A Way to Share God with the World
- Treasure for Us (and more!)
Whether you want to inspire your kids to know God deeper or you're looking for a fun and memorable way to answers their questions about God’s message, What is the Bible? covers key qualities of the Bible that are easy to understand. At the turn of each page see a simple rhyme about the Bible, a Scripture verse, and a key topic, including:
- Where the Bible came from, who wrote it, etc.
- How to apply the Bible to our lives
- Why we should read the Bible (and more!)
Key Features Include:
- 14 popular Scriptures about prayer to introduce kids to God's Word at an early age
- Fun rhyming verses to capture their attention
- Age-appropriate vocabulary for easy reading
- Dozens of fun & colorful illustrations
- Dedication Page
Great for parents and teachers or to give as a gift at baptisms, confirmation, birthdays, Sunday school teachers, and more.
Key Features of the What Is the Bible? Rhyming Book
- Age-Appropriate: Easy-to-read vocabulary, concise verses, and age-appropriate concepts make What Is the Bible? the perfect read-aloud book for bedtime, snack time, in between lessons, and after school session. Whether your child is just learning their ABC's or they're cruising through words with multiple syllables, they'll enjoy being read to or reading it on their own!
- Biblical: Help your little ones dive straight into God's Word at an early age! Packed with 14 key Scriptures every child should know about God, What is the Bible? is a fun and solid way to teach your kids to build a foundation of turning to God’s Word for the rest of their lives!
- Highly Visual: Capture short attention spans with fun, relatable, full-color illustrations! Featuring diverse and inclusive illustrations celebrating every background and ability, Who is God? is perfect for the classroom, homeschool, or as a gift!
- Improves Learning: We know that children love to learn through rhyme. According to scientific research as well as the U.S. Board of Education, rhyming provides a number of learning benefits to children, including better comprehension, spelling, desire to read, pronunciation, and much more. This book teaches children the loving and unchanging character of God with engaging rhyme and colorful illustrations.
Precious Blessings series invites young children to dive deeper into the heart of God. Each book provides a clear, precise, and true answer to a common question kids ask about different aspects of the Christian life. Topics include:
- Who Is God?
- What Is Prayer?
- What Is Worship?
- What Is the Bible?
- What Is Church?
These books are helpful guides in answering difficult questions that children may have as well as in bringing clarity to their relationship with God. With rhyming text, captivating illustrations, and a connecting Bible verse on each spread, children will be empowered to walk with Jesus whole-heartedly… one step at a time!
Valerie Carpenter, author of the Precious Blessings series, is involved with worship at her church in La Mirada, California. She is married and has two daughters. She has a BA in elementary education. She is passionate about bringing to life the truths of God to children. Valerie currently resides in La Habra, CA.
Chad Thompson, illustrator of the Precious Blessings series, is a celebrated illustrator, designer, and Disney animator. As a young boy, Chad’s grandfather sat him down at the kitchen table and taught him how to draw cartoons. His love of drawing led him to the Columbus College of Art and Design. Upon graduation, he was hired by the Walt Disney Feature Animation studio in Florida, where he worked on beloved classics such as Mulan, Lilo & Stitch, and Brother Bear. Chad currently works as an illustrator and designer for a wide variety of clients and continues to work in animation for smaller studios in Orlando. When he is not at the drawing board, Chad enjoys spending time with his wife and kids.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Bible Related >> Picture Books
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Bible Related
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Bible Related >> Picture Books
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Christian Living
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Bible Related