Welcome to the Church Year: An Introduction to the Seabury Bookssons of the Episcopal Church - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
Newcomers to the Episcopal Church will welcome this friendly introduction to the church calendar that Episcopalians follow. All your questions about the liturgy and traditions are answered in an easy-to-read conversational style. Author Vicki Black is an Episcopal deacon.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Morehouse Publishing
Publication Date: 2004
From birthday cakes and anniversary dinners to summer vacations at the beach, each family has its own ways of marking the days and seasons of its life. For the Christian familyespecially Episcopaliansits no different. With an array of colors and an assortment of rich traditions, Episcopalians move through the Church year, marking the days and seasons that tell the story of Christ in our livesin history and today. This bookwritten for newcomers to the Episcopal Church as well as lifelong memberstakes readers by the hand and leads them through the Church year, from the first Sunday of Advent through the last Sunday of Pentecost, answering questions like Why do we use purple in Lent? and What does Maundy Thursday mean? In an easy-to-read conversational style, Welcome to the Church Year introduces readers to the traditions of the Church seasons and explains why we do what we do. But it does more than offer interesting trivia about church vestments and pageantry. Its insights can help readers participate in the liturgies of the Church year in a deeper, more meaningful way.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Anglican Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Preaching >> Sermon Preparation >> Preaching from the Lectionary
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Preaching