|Title: We Are the Gardeners|
By: Joanna Gaines
Illustrated By: Julianna Swaney
Number of Pages: 40
Vendor: Tommy Nelson
|Publication Date: 2019|
Dimensions: 10.875 X 9.0 (inches)
Weight: 15 ounces
Stock No: WW314225
Teach children that the greatest rewards come from patience, hard work, and learning from mistakes!
In the #1 New York Times bestseller We Are the Gardeners, Joanna Gaines and the kids chronicle the adventures of starting their own family garden. From their failed endeavors, obstacles to overcome (bunnies that eat everything), and all of the knowledge they gain along the way, the Gaines family shares how they learned to grow a happy, successful garden.
We Are the Gardeners is a whimsical picture book perfect for:
- Ages 4-8
- Parents, libraries, classroom story times, and discussions focusing on springtime and gardening
- Households that enjoy watching HGTV's Fixer Upper
- Young children and families interested in gardening and plants
After reading, children will learn:
- Trying something new isn't always easy, but the hardest work often yields the greatest reward
- The basic steps and process of starting a garden
- The importance of patience and how it is possible to learn from your mistakes
You and your children will learn all about the Gaines family's story of becoming gardeners in Joanna's first children's book--starting with the first little fern Chip bought for Jo. Over the years, the family's love for gardening has blossomed into what is now a beautiful, bustling garden.
Julianna Swaneys work is inspired by whimsical details of daily life and the fairy tales she loved reading as a child. She grew up homeschooled, which allowed free range for her imagination and interests in folklore, nature, and history. She graduated from the Maine College of Art and now lives in Portland, Oregon. Her illustrations are created using watercolor, gouache, and colored pencil. She is the illustrator of We Are the Gardeners, also by Joanna Gaines. www.juliannaswaney.com
The trials, tribulations, and joys of gardening are brought to light in this entertaining tale of one family's introduction to caring for indoor plants and using that know-how in a garden, from Joanna Gaines of HGTV's Fixer Upper fame. Beginning with a fern that dies after being over-loved and over-watered, four children and their parents study up on what plants require: light, water, and a bit of conversation. Once they feel ready, the family works together to design a fruit, vegetable, and flower garden. As the plot takes shape, the family gains knowledge about seeds, garden critters--both good (worms and ladybugs) and bad (aphids)--and pollinators, including hummingbirds, bees, and butterflies. Though the family has some trouble with animals eating their produce, they remember that 'every failure or setback teaches us something.' Delicately detailed and engaging illustrations deftly follow the garden's progress. Packed with useful information in an easy-to-understand format, this will help children, and their adults, who wish to venture into the world of growing some of their own food and flowers. -- Booklist
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Siblings/Family Life
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Family Life
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Non-Fiction Books
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Siblings/Family Life
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Family Life
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Non-Fiction Books
- Kids & Toys >> Crafts & Art Supplies >> Gardening
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books
- Last Chance Bargains >> Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Siblings/Family Life
- Last Chance Bargains >> Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Family Life
- Last Chance Bargains >> Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Non-Fiction Books
- Last Chance Bargains >> Kids & Toys >> Crafts & Art Supplies >> Gardening
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.