- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Rose Publishing
Publication Date: 2015
Kids long to be unconditionally loved and accepted by their mom. Children need to know their worth before the rest of the world defines it for them. As a mom, it is easy to take for granted that your child already knows how much you love them—but sometimes they dont. How can you show your child how much you love them?
30 Ways a Mother Can Bless Her Children is packed with 30 simple, fun, and affordable activities to show your sons or daughters that you love and appreciate them! From bedtime storytelling to cooking simple meals together, easily turn these basic activities and random acts of kindness into insightful blessings that will positively impact your kids for a lifetime! Using the story of Isaac and other Bible passages as models, John Trent shares practical ways to bless your child in 5 key ways:
- Meaningful and appropriate touch
- A spoken message
- Attaching high value to the one being blessed
- Picturing a special future for him or her
- An active commitment to fulfill the blessing
In every home, with every mother, there is a choice: a choice to bless her children. A mother can choose to communicate that incredible gift of unconditional love and acceptance that her children long for... Or she can actively or passively withhold the blessing from her children, leading to a lifetime of emotional hurt.
This easy-to-read book will help you demonstrate the message that God has for all of us: children in every home deserve to know that their mom and Jesus are crazy about them!
Make this truth a reality for your child and give them the gift of the Blessing so they can be free to serve others, gain personal strength, and grow in God's purpose for them. Help your child embrace the truth that with God's love, they can do and be more than they even dreamed or imagined.
Blessing others is a choice. Before turning to Jesus, author John Trent harbored resentment and hatred toward his alcoholic father for years. After he gave his life to Christ, John forgave his father and realized that he was given the same choice as his father: to bless or withhold the blessing from his own family. Since then John has shown millions of families how to break the cycle of rejection and bless one another.
What are the 5 Elements of the Blessing?
But what exactly does it mean to give a blessing? The blessing as described in Scripture always included five elements:
- Meaningful and appropriate touch—giving a hug before school or a goodnight kiss before bedtime
- A spoken message—telling your child how much they mean to you or praising them for being kind to others
- Attaching high value to the one being blessed—speaking and affirming God's truth and value over your child
- Picturing a special future for him or her—finding ways to to encourage your child's potential and envisioning ways they can impact the world for Christ
- An active commitment to fulfill the blessing—learn to build a habit of consistently showing your child how much they mean to you
About The Blessing Books by John Trent
Based on the best-selling book written by Dr. John Trent and Gary Smalley The Blessing, these Bible-based, easy-to-read and practical books encourage family members to be a blessing to one another. With specific books tailored for husbands, wives, fathers and mothers, Dr. Trent dives into the practical and biblically-based attitudes and actions necessary for positive relationships within a family. Find these other titles also by John Trent:
- 30 Ways a Father Can Bless His Children
- 30 Ways a Mother Can Bless Her Children
- 30 Ways a Husband Can Bless His Wife
- 30 Ways a Wife Can Bless Her Husband
Dr. John Trent is president of StrongFamilies.com, the Gary Chapman Chair of Marriage and Family Ministry at Moody Theological Seminary, and founder of The Institute for the Blessing at Barclay College. John is a sought-after speaker and an award-winning author of more than twenty books, including six books for children. He has been a featured guest on numerous radio and television programs and leads The Blessing Challenge, a joint partnership with Focus on the Family and StrongFamilies.com. John and his wife of 30 years, Cindy, have two grown daughters and live in Arizona.