of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
Ann4 Stars Out Of 5Good ideasNovember 6, 2015AnnQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 3This was the hardest book for me to review since I am divorced. But I read this for my son-in-law to give ideas on how to treat my daughter. Like the three other books in the series John Trent introduces the five elements that characterize a blessing as taught in the Bible.
1. Meaningful touch- a back rub at the end of the day can lower her blood pressure
2. Spoken message - In the Bible the word LOVE occurs over three hundred times
3. High Value- Forty times in eight short chapters in the Song of Solomon, he praises her.
4. Special future -give her a picture of the potential you see in her that can lead to a special future.
5. Active commitment-devote one hour to help your wife at the end of the day before you put your feet up
A blessing is not merely spoken it is an action in your everyday life to live up to the commitment you made when you took your wedding vows. Marriage is not for the faint of heart. It is all about building relationships. Relationships require time together, talking, spending quality time together. The marriage relationship is always under constant stress, but scripture tells us to put others needs first and foremost in our decisions and in our plans.
Some of my favorite ways of blessing
#7 Hated Chore Blessing- have a Mom's National Holiday, a whole day when your wife does not have to do a single chore. She can sleep in. Not make the bed. Take a long shower and use up all the hot water. Not cook or do the dishes.
#17 Picture Perfect Blessing, Carry a picture of your wife and your children in your wallet. Use a mug with a family picture on it.Make sure you have a picture of the two of you as well as a photo of just your wife.
#19 Next Generation Blessing. Teach your children to express high value to their mother, even when they're very young. At Christmas, give each child $20 to spend only on MOM. Step in and stop any child from verbally dishonoring your wife.
#20 You're Beautiful Breakfast Blessing-praise your wife as being beautiful physically to you . Women never grow tired of hearing that they are beautiful.
Some practical tips as well. Practice good hygiene. Brush your teeth at least twice a day. Take a shower before you kiss on her. Use breath mints. Comb or brush your hair.
- Make sure your wife has an emergency car kit in her car.
- Throw her towel in the dryer when she's getting ready to step into the shower; then hand the hot towel to her when she steps out.
- Go for a walk together.
- Open the car door for her.
Treat your wife like she has great worth or value-like you did when you first married. Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.(Matthew 6:21, esv).
Page 1 of 1