- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Each of the five sessions is planned to be fifty-five minutes in length with Scripture readings, a 25 minute DVD presentation, questions for discussion and reflection, and prayer. The questions for discussion are found in the Walk As Jesus Walked Discovery Guide 7. Questions for deeper study at home are also provided in the discovery guide.
Formerly known as Faith Lessons.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2015
Series: That The World May Know
This five-session video-based small group bible study (DVD/digital video sold separately) by noted teacher and historian, Ray Vander Laan, is volume seven of the That the World May Know series. In this volume, Vander Laan helps you experience how the disciples translated Jesus call to passionate discipleship into language and imagery the Roman culture already understood.
Faith Lessons is a unique video series that brings God's Word to life with astounding relevance. By weaving together the Bible's fascinating historical, cultural, religious, and geographical contexts, teacher and historian Ray Vander Laan reveals unique insights into the Scriptures' significance for modern believers.
- Focuses on passages of Scripture explored in the DVD
- Includes sidebars, maps, photos and other study tools
- Features questions that facilitate discussion and inspire personal reflection
- Includes 25 personal Bible studies to help you deepen your learning experience between sessions, and turn lessons from the past into applications that impact how you live out your faith today.
Filmed on location in Aphrodisias, Antioch Pisidia, Lystra, and Cappadocia, these illuminating "faith lessons" afford a new understanding of the Bible that will ground your convictions and transform your life. The Faith Lessons video series is ideal for use in small groups, personal and family Bible studies, and adult Sunday school. Individual believers and families will gain vital insights from long-ago times and cultures through this innovative approach to Bible study.
- Run! The Passion of Elijah Filmed in Aphrodisias
- Learning to Walk Like Jesus Filmed in Antioch Pisidia
- An Unlikely Disciple Filmed in Lystra
- Why Christians Suffer: The Weight of Gesthemane filmed in Cappadocia
- Dont Forget Us filmed on location in Cappadocia
Designed for use with the Walk As Jesus Walked Video Study (sold separately).
Ray Vander Laan is the founder of That the World May Know Ministries and creator of the Faith Lessons video series with Focus on the Family. An ordained minister, he holds the chair of biblical cultural studies as a religion instructor at Holland Christian Schools in Holland, Michigan. He and his wife, Esther, have four children and fifteen grandchildren.
Stephen and Amanda Sorenson are founders of Sorenson Communications and have co-written many small group curriculum guidebooks, including the entire Faith Lessons series.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects >> Life/Ministry Jesus
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Biblical Subjects >> Life/Ministry Jesus
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Biblical Subjects