- Books of the Bible▼▲
- 1 Samuel
- 2 Samuel
- 1 Kings
- 2 Kings
- 1 Chronicles
- 2 Chronicles
- Song of Solomon
- 1 Corinthians
- 1 Peter
- 2 Peter
- 1 John
- Old Testament
- New Testament
- Entire Bible
- Grade Level▼▲
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Each of the five sessions is planned to be fifty-five minutes in length with Scripture readings, a 25 minute DVD presentation, questions for discussion and reflection, and prayer. The questions for discussion are found in the Walk As Jesus Walked Discovery Guide 7. Questions for deeper study at home are also provided in the discovery guide.
Formerly known as Faith Lessons.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2015
Series: That The World May Know
This five-session video-based small group bible study (DVD/digital video sold separately) by noted teacher and historian, Ray Vander Laan, is volume seven of the That the World May Know series. In this volume, Vander Laan helps you experience how the disciples translated Jesus call to passionate discipleship into language and imagery the Roman culture already understood.
Faith Lessons is a unique video series that brings God's Word to life with astounding relevance. By weaving together the Bible's fascinating historical, cultural, religious, and geographical contexts, teacher and historian Ray Vander Laan reveals unique insights into the Scriptures' significance for modern believers.
- Focuses on passages of Scripture explored in the DVD
- Includes sidebars, maps, photos and other study tools
- Features questions that facilitate discussion and inspire personal reflection
- Includes 25 personal Bible studies to help you deepen your learning experience between sessions, and turn lessons from the past into applications that impact how you live out your faith today.
Filmed on location in Aphrodisias, Antioch Pisidia, Lystra, and Cappadocia, these illuminating "faith lessons" afford a new understanding of the Bible that will ground your convictions and transform your life. The Faith Lessons video series is ideal for use in small groups, personal and family Bible studies, and adult Sunday school. Individual believers and families will gain vital insights from long-ago times and cultures through this innovative approach to Bible study.
- Run! The Passion of Elijah Filmed in Aphrodisias
- Learning to Walk Like Jesus Filmed in Antioch Pisidia
- An Unlikely Disciple Filmed in Lystra
- Why Christians Suffer: The Weight of Gesthemane filmed in Cappadocia
- Dont Forget Us filmed on location in Cappadocia
Designed for use with the Walk As Jesus Walked Video Study (sold separately).
Ray Vander Laan is the founder of That the World May Know Ministries and creator of the Faith Lessons video series with Focus on the Family. An ordained minister, he holds the chair of biblical cultural studies as a religion instructor at Holland Christian Schools in Holland, Michigan. He and his wife, Esther, have four children and fifteen grandchildren.
Stephen and Amanda Sorenson are founders of Sorenson Communications and have co-written many small group curriculum guidebooks, including the entire Faith Lessons series.
phil48Oklahoma CityAge: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Worthwhile Bible StudyJanuary 15, 2011phil48Oklahoma CityAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 4Meets Expectations: 5All of the "That The World May Know" guides and DVDs are exceptional. I have never had better Bible teaching anywhere, in any denomination. We watch the DVDs over and over because they never grow old -- there is always something new we catch, kind of like the Bible. The guides starting with #6 have shrunk so the maps and pictures are more difficult to see so get out your reading glasses. Five devotionals for each segment/video have been added besides the other introductory info. It seems some of the devotional material is info that might have previously been used the way they were in guides 1-5. Maybe the info has just been rearranged to fit into five devotionals. The only thing I wish were still here are the suggested answers to the questions. Mr. VanderLaan gives details in DVDs that are not in the guides and he gives info in the guides that he doesn't relate in the DVDs so you really need both to get the most benefit from them.
David Corfman4 Stars Out Of 5March 29, 2010David CorfmanIt is not as in-depth as the larger study guide books from the first three volumes but it does complement the videos well.
Barbara Faig3 Stars Out Of 5June 16, 2009Barbara FaigSo much history, so little time. The narrator speaks too fast and rapidly shares the story. I hope my group can keep up and absorb.
Kathy Leonhardt5 Stars Out Of 5June 14, 2009Kathy LeonhardtFANTASTIC!!! Ray Vander Laan's "Faith Lesson" DVD's are wonderful and these study guide books are a great addition!!My children enjoy watching the DVD's and I am grateful for these study guides that teach even more!
Anita Culp5 Stars Out Of 5March 17, 2009Anita CulpThis has been a great series for our small group. We did "In the Dust of The Rabbi" first. It provides for "digging deeper" between our meetings and then we share what God has been teaching us, or what stands out to us in the "homework" we have done between meetings. It is passionate and really spurs us on to "walk as Jesus walked"
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects >> Life/Ministry Jesus
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Biblical Subjects
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Biblical Subjects >> Life/Ministry Jesus
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects