- All Products
- Books, eBooks & Audio×
- Biblical Studies× (2,004)
- Books, eBooks & Audio×
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2009
Series: Counterpoints: Bible and Theology
The Bible has long served as the standard for Christian practice, yet believers still disagree on how biblical passages should be interpreted and applied. Only when readers fully understand the constructs that inform their process of moving from Scripture to theologyand those of otherscan Christians fully evaluate teachings that claim to be biblical. Here, scholars who affirm an inspired Bible, relevant and authoritative for every era, present models they consider most faithful to Scripture: - Walter C. Kaiser, Jr.: A Principlizing Model - Daniel M. Doriani: A Redemptive-Historical Model - Kevin J. Vanhoozer: A Drama-of-Redemption Model - William J. Webb: A Redemptive-Movement Model Each position also receives critiques from the proponents of the other views. Moreover, due to the far-reaching implications this topic holds for biblical studies, theology, and church teaching, this book includes three additional reflections by Christopher J. H. Wright, Mark L. Strauss, and Al Wolters on the theological and practical interpretation of biblical texts. Four Views on Moving beyond the Bible to Theology empowers readers to identify, evaluate, and refine their own approach to moving from the Bible to theology.
Stanley N. Gundry is executive vice president and editor-in-chief for the Zondervan Corporation. He has been an influential figure in the Evangelical Theological Society, serving as president of ETS and on its executive committee, and is adjunct professor of Historical Theology at Grand Rapids Theological Seminary. He is the author of seven books and has written many articles appearing in popular and academic periodicals.
Dr. Gary T. Meadors (ThD, Grace Theological Seminary) was professor of Greek and New Testament at Grand Rapids Theological Seminary. He is author of Decision Making Gods Way and a contributor to the Evangelical Dictionary of Biblical Theology. Dr. Meadors and his wife, Gloria Jean, have been married since 1967 and reside in Ft. Myers, Florida.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Biblical Interpretation
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Hermeneutics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Practical Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Hermeneutics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Practical Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Hermeneutics
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Practical Theology