- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
I Sold My Soul on eBay tells how and why Mehta became an atheist and features his latest church critiques, including descriptions of his visits to some of the best-known churches in the country. His observations will surprise and challenge you, revealing how the church comes across to those outside the faith. Who better than a nonbeliever to offer an eye-opening assessment of how the gospel is being presented---and the elements that enhance or detract from the presentation.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2009
David Crumm and ReadTheSpirit.com▼▲
The result was a $500 donation by the high bidder to a nonprofit of Mehta's choice and a series of visits to congregations that Mehta turned into this remarkably kind and insightful critique of our religious culture.
He's a pretty good observer of what seems to be good, ridiculous and even nonsensical to visitors in many of our churches. He even praises some aspects of congregational life in the course of the book.
Rob Bell writes the Foreward, urging Christians in particular to read this book. In his Foreward, he says: "I knew I would love talking with Hemant Mehta long before I met him. I have much in common with atheists. What I find time and again is that the god they've rejected is a god I've rejected."
Find Related Products▼▲
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Church Growth >> Evangelism
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Church Growth >> Evangelism
- eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism
- eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational