- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Rose Publishing
Publication Date: 2015
Series: Hope for the Heart
This life-changing book is perfect for those who have experienced trauma and for the pastors, leaders, and friends who want to help them.
Does a crisis from your past still affect you? Do you want to move on, but you don't know how? Experiences from our past can leave lasting scars that can deteriorate our self-worth, and ultimately leave us feeling powerless, victimized, and even paralyzed from moving forward. June Hunt understands. As an abuse survivor and as someone who has been helping abuse victims for decades, she knows firsthand that healing is a process. Let June Hunt guide you through the process of healing as she points you to the true source of freedom, Jesus Christ.
You didn't think anyone could hurt you like this, but now that it has happened, what do you do?
The pain that comes from being victimized is real—whether it was from growing up with alcoholic parents, being forced into an unwanted divorce, or being verbally, emotionally, or even physically abused. We often carry those wounds with us for a lifetime—but we don't have to.
June Hunt has a message for you: It is possible to overcome pain.
Find out biblical truths and practical advice on how to:
- Overcome the pain, anger, and fear
- Discover your true value in Christ
- Heal the pain of the past
- Foster positive relationships
(It also shares practical ways that pastors, church leaders, parents, professionals, and even friends can support survivors on the road to recovery.)
Hope and healing is possible. God wants to see you free from the past with His transforming power to become all He created you to be, as He shows you how to go from victim to victor!
What is Victimization? What is the Victim Mentality?
June Hunt starts this minibook with a definitions section in which she explains each word associated with victimization and reveals examples from the Bible of those who suffered from victimization, such as Tamar, who was tricked and ultimately raped by her brother. This section also sheds light on the characteristics of victims and the ways they learn how to cope with their sense of powerlessness. From setting up walls to becoming completely dependent on others, find out the ways victims react and process the trauma they endured.
- Common forms of victimization
- Emotional, mental, and physical side effects of trauma
- How to identify self-defeating survival skills that keep victims trapped
How to Overcome Victimization (How Can I Stop Feeling Powerless?)
The last section titled Steps to Solution gives you practical advice on how to put an end to the effects of victimization, including the low self-esteem, rejection, fearfulness, and sense of powerlessness that you often feel. Experience the freedom and peace that comes from deepening your relationship with God, forgiving the offender, and discovering your true value in Christ Jesus. Enjoy finding out the:
- 8 steps to healing—from facing your past to facing your present
- 4 stages of forgiveness, including how to forgive those who victimized you
- 8 keys breaking the cycle of rejection
- Honesty test for those who may be struggling with the victim mentality
- 6 ways to claim and accept your identity in Christ
- And much more!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology