Bishop Walter and Dr. Vera Gibson met in 1956 and married in 1957 They knelt at the altar together surrendering to Jesus Christ and received Him as Lord, Savior and Master of their lives in 1958. Both Bishop and Sister Gibson were filled with the Holy Ghost according to the scriptures (Luke 3: 16, 17; Acts 2: 17-21, 39). They immediately became ardent soul winners on the streets of New York in 1959, winning 20-30 souls a week (between one on one witnessing and street meetings every week. God called them both to the Ministry a month apart, (him to preach and her to teach) in 1960. In 1961, God called them off their jobs into full time ministry simultaneously with three words, "Quit or Chaos." They traveled extensively throughout the U.S. conducting tent meetings, crusades and revivals, even though they were still in college. They attended a Bible institute for four years, where they each received a Bachelor of Theology Degree, in preparation for Christian Service. Reverend Gibson continued his studies at the Nyack Missionary College and the State University of Farmingdale in 1967. Upon his return from Africa, Reverend Gibson received an honorary Doctor of Divinity Degree in 1980, and Mother Gibson (as she is lovingly called by her many, many spiritual children, and church members) received her Honorary DHL Degree in 1986 and her Honorary D.D. Degree in 1990. Bishop and Mother Gibson served as Missionaries on the Bonike Mission Station, Liberia and West Africa from 1964 to 1967. They erected impressive church building, seventeen auxiliary buildings and established a Junior High School during this period. Six heathen towns were converted to the Lord as a result of their outstanding evangelistic work. When they returned to the U.S. in 1987, Bishop and Mother Gibson accepted the pastorate of a church in Brooklyn, New York. During this time they also conducted a weekly radio broadcast, large crusades in West Indies, and established Christ To The Nations World Crusades, a Foreign Field Evangelistic Ministry to the Nations. They continue to evangelize conducting citywide crusades abroad and local revivals throughout the U.S. and abroad. In 1971, the Lord burdened Bishop Gibson's heart to establish a church in the mature town of Roosevelt, Long Island After purchasing a building on the main street (Nassau Road); they completely renovated it (Bishop, Mother Gibson and workers). This was dedicated to the Lord's service in April 1972. For sometime Bishop and Mother Gibson pastored both the Roosevelt and the Brooklyn churches, alternating Sundays, some-40 miles apart They also continued to conduct open-air crusades overseas every year, and a local open-air crusade for one month in Brooklyn and one month in Roosevelt annually.