Walking in Valleys of Darkness: A Benedictine Journey through Troubled Times - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Morehouse Publishing
Publication Date: 2011
How do we deal with and attempt to understand Gods presence and overarching love for us when life goes wrong, when we encounter difficulties and tragedies? This noted Benedictine monk and priest shares his personal journeys through troubled times, using the discipline of meditating on single words of Scripture from the New Testament. He skillfully translates from Greek to English to reveal these buried treasures with multiple nuances of meaning that give light along difficult paths in life. Meditations are followed by questions for reflection, further examples from Scripture, and a quote from the Rule of Saint Benedict to aid the reader. Table of Contents Introduction I My World Falls Apart: The Closing of Saint Benedicts Prep II Learning to Let Go: Knee Surgery III Getting Hollowed Out: The Death of My Brother Bob IV My Turn with The Monster: Cancer Surgery V Welcoming Mystery: Our Community Grows Smaller VI The Key to Troubled Times: the Paschal Mystery Epilogue
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges >> Pain & Suffering
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues >> Grieving
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues