Useful Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs - eBook
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Martin Hugh Manser
Publication Date: 2017
Series: Useful Reference Library
This dictionary considers phrasal verbs in which the meanings of the separate parts tell us little or nothing about the meaning of the whole, for example, 'pick up' as in, 'Business is picking up'. This dictionary has been written to help the learner with this type of idiomatic combination. It gives over 2,500 verbs, each with a definition and example. Many new phrasal verbs referring to the world of computers and the Internet for example 'log in' and 'scroll down' have been added for this edition. Phrasal verbs are important in English but they are also quite difficult for students to learn. Learners of English need to be able both to recognize them in reading and listening, as well as to be able to use them in writing and speaking.
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Reference Works >> Dictionaries >> Specialized Dictionaries
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Reference Works
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Reference Works
- Download >> Homeschool >> Reference
- Download >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Reference
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Reference Works
- Homeschool >> Reference >> Reference Works >> Dictionaries >> Specialized Dictionaries
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download