- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: WestBow Press
Publication Date: 2011
Clariss Brubaker Smith shared the humor and tears of these brave, modern day Bible transporters. Valiant believers had their own startling comments:
? Even if I go to prison or die, don't stop bringing Bibles.
? The border guard fingered his gun and my friend began to shake.
? God sent someone to warn them. It might have been an angel.
? What? Sleep in this mud house with five adults, two children, six geese,
two scruffy dogs and 20 hens?
These gripping, real-life stories show the courage and heroism of western Bible Messengers and the faith of the believers in the USSR and Eastern Europe during the Cold War.
Author: Clariss Smith
Located in: Auburn CA
Submitted: August 20, 2012
Tell us a little about yourself. I was raised on a farm near Cando, North Dakota, the youngest of nine children. I had a good life and loved the Lord, accepting Christ at six years age, encouraged by my oldest sister, Louise. I preached to the shochs of grain. They became Chinese to me.
What do you hope folks will gain from this project? I consider it a history book. The communist era, for the most part is over, though it will probably be back. I want my grandchildren and their children to hear about their grandparents and others kept the church alive by taking Bibles to the people who were willing to die to receive a Bible.
How were you personally impacted by working on this project? Young people from many nations came to work with us, giving up their time and take Bibles to those who wanted them. A 78 year old grandmother went to many nations in East Europe to pray over the nationsl
Who are your influences, sources of inspiration or favorite authors / artists? The inspirational story of the man with no arms and no legs. His name is Nick Vujicic and he travels around the world speaking to young people as a motivational speaker and a dedicated follower of Christ.
Anything else you'd like readers / listeners to know: Last Sunday, Aug. 19, 2012, my pastor spoke about having a dream, no matter how impossible it may be, stick to it and someday, it might come true. I pursued my dream to see my book printed. It took 25 years to fulfill it, but I wanted to tell the story of the men and women whose stories had not been told. It happened, July 2011.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions >> Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Missionary Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational >> Inspiring Stories >> Missionary Stories
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography >> Missionary Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions >> Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> Missionary Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational