Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Dimensions: 9 1/4 X 7 (inches)
1. In what state were both the lollipop and the hamburger-on-a-buninvented?
2. Where do the largest watermelons grow and what s the distancerecord for spitting watermelon seeds? How big is the world slargest potato chip and where is it now?
3. There s more to cuisine in America than just burgers and fries.Here s a mouthwatering journey across the United States where youll discove and learn how to make fabulous foods from every part ofthe country.
Treat yourself to such simple, kid-tested recipes as:
* Banana Berry Pancakes with Real Maple Syrup from Vermont
* Key Lime Pie from Florida
* Deep Dish Pizza from Illinois
The United States Cookbook is a delicious mixture of fun foodtrivia, fascinating tidbits about each state s history andtraditions, and yummy recipes you can cook yourself. What a greatway to stuff your face and feed your brain at the same time!
ANSWERS: 1. Connecticut. 2. Hope, Arkansas. The record is 30 feet.3. 25 feet long and 14 feet wide. 3. It s in the Potato Museum,Blackfoot, Idaho
JOAN D'AMICO is a cooking instructor at Kings Cooking studio in New Jersey and an educational consultant.
KAREN EICH DRUMMOND, ED.D., R.D., is a registered dietitian and the author of several adult cookbooks. The two have coauthored Wiley's The Science Chef, The Science Chef Travels Around the World, The Math Chef, and The Healthy Body Cookbook.