Take a Tasty Tour of America s 50 States
1. In what state were both the lollipop and the hamburger-on-a-bun invented?
2. Where do the largest watermelons grow and what s the distance record for spitting watermelon seeds? How big is the world s largest potato chip and where is it now?
3. There s more to cuisine in America than just burgers and fries. Here s a mouthwatering journey across the United States where you ll discove and learn how to make fabulous foods from every part of the country.
Treat yourself to such simple, kid-tested recipes as:
* Banana Berry Pancakes with Real Maple Syrup from Vermont
* Key Lime Pie from Florida
* Deep Dish Pizza from Illinois
The United States Cookbook is a delicious mixture of fun food trivia, fascinating tidbits about each state s history and traditions, and yummy recipes you can cook yourself. What a great way to stuff your face and feed your brain at the same time!
ANSWERS: 1. Connecticut. 2. Hope, Arkansas. The record is 30 feet. 3. 25 feet long and 14 feet wide. 3. It s in the Potato Museum, Blackfoot, Idaho