Add To Cart
You didn't think anyone could hurt you like this. But now that you're in or have experienced an abusive relationship, how can things be restored? Designed to help you effectively overcome the trauma and pain of mistreatment, the 6-week Verbal and Emotional Abuse Bible study (6th in the series) will show you how to heal from past abuse, set up proper boundaries, and know the warning signs of abusive behavior.
Rose Publishing Product Code: 4124X
Number of Pages: 112
Vendor: Aspire Press
Publication Date: 2017
|Dimensions: 9.00 X 6.00 X 0.35 (inches)|
Series: Hope for the Heart Bible Studies
Healing the Scars of Emotional Abuse, Revised and Updated EditionGregory L. Jantz, Ph.D., with Ann McMurrayRevell / 2009 / Trade Paperback$10.99 Retail:
$16.99Save 35% ($6.00)
Wounded by Words: Healing the Invisible Scars of Emotional AbuseSusan Titus Osborn, Karen L. Kosman, Jeenie GordonNew Hope Publishers / 2008 / Trade Paperback$10.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 4 Reviews
$14.99Save 27% ($4.00)
A Journey through Emotional Abuse: From Bondage to FreedomCaroline Abbott, Debbie StaffordCarpenters Son Publishing / 2013 / Trade Paperback$12.59 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews
$13.99Save 10% ($1.40)
"After decades of counseling men and women from all walks of life, June knows how to lead readers to truthtruth that liberates because it is truth from God."—Kay Arthur, co-founder of Precept Ministries International and bestselling author
About the Author▼▲
June Hunt is a biblical counselor whose award-winning radio program "Hope for the Heart" is heard on nearly 900 radio outlets around the world. For more than 30 years, she has counseled people, offering them hope for today's problems. June has helped many people with emotional, relational, and spiritual problems experience God's love through biblical hope and practical advice.
- Biblically Solid. Features key Scripture verses as well as counseling insights to help practically apply its message to your life.
- Easy-to-use format that anyone can lead, with tips and preparation guides
- Relevant and Personal. Engaging discussion questions and journaling space for group or individual study
- Interactive. Verses to memorize and space for note-taking
- Trusted brand within churches and ministries for counseling
Sometimes abuse is easy to spot, but not always. The wounds from emotional abuse can be difficult to detect...
Hurtful words, degrading looks, threatening behaviors—these experiences can wound your heart and cause immense pain. But, healing is possible.
Find refreshment in God's Word with this six-week study on understanding verbal and emotional abuse by Rose Publishing. Packed with practical tips, realistic advice, and discussion questions, the 6-week Understanding Verbal and Emotional Abuse Bible Study invites you to dive deeper into the Bible and shows you how to apply its truth to your life. Discover:
- 8 Definitions for Verbal and Emotional Abuse
- 11 Signs of Brainwashing
- Bible Verses to Help Heal and Recover
- 12 Signs of Control and Manipulation and more!
Unlike other Bible studies on these topics, these studies use larger print, charts, bulleted list and an easy-to-scan format, along with discussion questions and life applications for each week.
112 pages. 6"x9" Paperback. Perfect for small groups, Bible study, and individual use.
Based on June Hunt's bestselling Hope for the Heart Series (over 1 million copies sold), you will learn biblical truths and practical how tos for stopping the pain of abuse, establishing healthy expectations, and for restoring peace in all your relationships. Based on June Hunts easy-to-scan and Bible-based format, this interactive 6-week Bible study digs deep into scripture, showing you that you do have choices; you can have boundaries; and you can find healing.
3 Key Features of the Understanding Verbal and Emotional Abuse Hope for the Heart Bible Study
- Digs into Scripture: Find out what the Bible says about verbal and emotional abuse, restoration and healing, characteristics of abuse, and more.
- Interactive and Practical: Based on the bestselling Hope for the Heart Series (over 1 million copies sold), this trusted study includes reflection questions, journaling, study guide, quizzes, and practical steps you can take each day.
- Relevant and Relatable: It shares real stories and answers tough questions, such as: How can I safely confront my abuser? Is restoration ever possible for the abuser?
- Anyone Can Lead It! Easy-to-follow leader tips, preparation guides, and step-by-step instructions will give you the confidence to take a disciple or an entire group through the study!
Simple Biblical Foundations for Practical Solutions
Unlike other group studies available, this Hope for the Heart Bible Study is laid out in an easy-to-follow format with key principles straight from the Word of God. Relevant Scriptures are outlined and formatted to clearly give you a step-by-step roadmap to help you understanding verbal and emotional abuse, all while equipping you to lead others on the path to freedom!
- Summarizes Causes, Definitions, Characteristics, and Solutions
- Provides Clear Outlines, Key Points, and Scripture References
- Includes Reflection Questions and Space for Journaling
Easy-to-Understand Verbal and Emotional Abuse Bible Study that Anyone Can Lead
Lead with ease using the step-by-step leader tips that help you set expectations, plan studies, facilitate participation, set time limits, and meet your goals. Each of the study's sections is clearly written and packed with simple explanations and definitions. Small pointers like thanking your group members for attending, respecting confidentiality, and setting aside time for prayer will make your small group a safe and nurturing place to grow and learn with even the most difficult topics.
Enjoy Having Bible-Based Advice on Verbal and Emotional Abuse and Practical Steps
You didn't think anyone could hurt you like this. But now that you're in or have experienced an abusive relationship, how can things be restored? Designed to help you effectively overcome the trauma and pain of mistreatment, the 6-week Verbal and Emotional Abuse Bible Study (6th in the series) will show you how to heal from past abuse, set up proper boundaries, and know the warning signs of abusive behavior.
- 4 Definitions for Emotional Abuse (with Scriptures)
- 4 Definitions for Verbal Abuse (with Scriptures)
- 11 Signs of Brainwashing
- "6 Comparisons" between words that hurt and words that heal
- "52 Signs of Verbal Abuse" (like blame-shifting, demanding unrealistic expectations, name-calling, and more) and 52 Signs of Nonverbal Abuse (like slamming doors, manipulation, neglect, and more)
- "12 Signs of Control and Manipulation"
- "20 Influences in Abusers" (aggressive, impulsive, inability to express anger, etc.)
- "The Root Cause" of abusive relationships
- "3 Responses to Abuse" (Victim, Abuser, Overcomer)
- "Language of Love Checklist" (based on 1 Cor. 13)
- "7 Steps to Overcome Verbal and Emotional Abuse"
- "6 Steps to Setting Healthy Boundaries" to stop the cycle of abuse
- 11 Actions to take Toward Healing from Abuse
1. Definitions of Verbal and Emotional Abuse
The Definitions section guides you into the topic by laying the foundation for a broad understanding from a biblical and relatable standpoint. Includes—
2. Characteristics of Verbal and Emotional Abuse
The Characteristics section spotlights various aspects that are often associated with verbal and emotional abuse, giving a deeper understanding to the topic.
3. Causes of Verbal and Emotional Abuse
The Causes section identifies the physical, emotional, and spiritual sources of abuse.
4. Biblical Steps to Solution (Parts 1-3)
The Steps to Solution sections provide action plans designed to help you—and help you help others—understand abuse and recovery from a scriptural point of view.
Each of the 4 sections is packed with reflection questions and space for note-taking to help you apply biblical concepts to your personal life and so you can start experiencing God's transformation today!
About The Series▼▲
The Hope for the Heart Bible Study Series covers many day-to-day problems that Christians face. These 6 topical Bible studies with 6 sessions each, give biblical hope and practical help along life application and discussion questions.
Author and counselor, June Hunt founded Hope For The Heart, a ministry that changes lives with resources translated into 30+ languages on 6 continents. She hosts two national radio programs, including Hope In The Night, featuring live call-in counseling. Her 100-topic Biblical Counseling Library provides biblical hope and practical help for todays problems.
About the Series▼▲
The "Hope for the Heart Bible Study Series" covers many day-to-day problems that Christians face. These 6 topical Bible studies with 6 sessions each, give biblical hope and practical help along life application and discussion questions.