Understanding Trauma: How to overcome Post- Traumatic Stress - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Lion Hudson
Publication Date: 2010
What is post-traumatic stress disorder? What does it feel like? And how can it be overcome? Trauma is a term that many of us find alienating and clinical. But in fact trauma is something most people encounter at some point in life, and post-traumatic stress - far from being a mental disorder - is a normal reaction to abnormal events: even breaking a bone or witnessing a car crash. Drawing on 20 years of research and clinical practice, Roger Baker explains the many symptoms of post-traumatic stress and lays out a self help programme - emotional processing therapy - which can defuse the distressing memories of trauma and reduce the occurrence of flashbacks, nightmares and tensions. Dr Baker also advises strategies to prevent post-traumatic stress in the first place. Full of real-life case studies, this is essential reading for trauma sufferers, their family and friends, and specialists alike.
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues >> Other
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues >> Stress
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Recovery >> Other
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Recovery
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Recovery